Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I dont want a website, I dont need 10gb or whatever. I just need a solid webserver that wont go anywhere and wont be ridiculous in price.

I want to do more on my DIC GI Joe information site but in case the GI Joe Realm goes down (since it is a free web hosted place) I want all my images to be safe online so I can just repost the code for all my reviews/profiles/information on whatever new site I choose.

Right now I only have my mediacom acct which should be terminated sooner or later since I did cancel the net part 3 months ago (I am borrowed time)

Any recommendations? I can get a G3 to act as my own webserver if needed.
  09-25-2006, 01:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Mark, have you tried freewebs premium service? It works nice for me and is only $40 a year. I've been using it for a while and it works nice.
  09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf.....

Well , poit. Why dont you just share your account with mark . Go halfsy lol
  09-25-2006, 04:09 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I don't have a webpage for my hobby CP-holio! LOL, it's a personal family website
  09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
How many images are we talking (total MB size), and how many viewers are we talking? If it's something relatively small (in terms of GBs), I'll give you space. It all depends on the numbers.

Stuff like this is why tvpreservation.com exists.
  09-25-2006, 09:00 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
Photobucket is a good place to host your pictures and its free- http://www.photobucket.com/

I got a max 300mb of webspace, for my website. So if you need the space, i can help with that.
  09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
In MB I am talking about probably 50-150mb at max

Each Character Profile is 100-150k
Each Episode Review is probably 500-600k and there will be 44 of these when all is said and done
Each large sized scan of material is around 250-400k (there are only a handful of those)

and thats about it, all the video I post on youtube because the way youtube encodes it nobody can benefit from stealing my clips because it downgrades them from the MPG2 files they originally start out as (if people want to download and give other people flash inspired DVD clips feel free LOL)

As far as hits go I have no idea, just looking at what I have done the last 2 weeks the Realm board tells me

Character Profile: Capt. Grid-Iron 49 views
Character Profile: General Hawk 86 views
Character Profile: Storm Shadow 54 views
Team Profile: The Eco Warriors 71 views
Character Profile: Metal-Head 27 views
Character Profile: Cesspool 68 views
Character Profile: The Headman 63 views
Episode Review: Operation Dragonfire Day 1 96 views

So it cant be too many hits because I am sure Mediacom would have let me know that I was using quite a bit of bandwidth. Not sure if it will increase much or not, there are not a lot of DIC fans but there are curious Joe fans. Though I seriously doubt it would get much traffic, the Realm itself only has around 400 members in which I think only 20-30 are active.

I dont mind paying you some for the space either LS, I just did not want to get roped into paying $50 a year for gb's of space to seriously use 200-300mb of it.
  09-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Yeah, GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGIVE mark some space

Poor mod . No respect.
  09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I give Photbucket a second thumbs up AND it has a button to click and it give syou all the htlm and java codes to insert.

09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Image Shack is cool too. I put my CD covers I made on there because I have hundreds.
http://imageshack.com/

Take care