Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-30-2005, 12:51 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 170 posts since Jun 2005
As many of you know I collect Old Time Radio (OTR) shows from the 30s, 40s, & 50s. I have over 35,000 shows and listen to at least an hour (sometimes more) each day.
  06-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
well since we were getting detailed:

I collect Justice League, GI Joe, He-Man, and WWF action figures

I trade and buy anything Pokemon (DVD's, VHS, VCD, CCG, Posters, toys, usa and import games, dolls, etc)

I trade and buy anything Macross/Robotech related (DVD's, VHS, VCD, Posters, toys, import games, dolls, etc)

And I also raise lop bunnies with my wife, they are our children
  06-30-2005, 03:19 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
I like to tinker with computers - I hate to but continuously have to tinker with cars - I read (I try to read popular science and Men's health monthly) I usually have several books in prgress at once and go back and forth as my mood and time dictates. I spend as much time as possable with my son.

The biggest thing that I have / collect besides shows is audio programs and books - anything interesting but mostly motivational and instructional stuff - I really enjoy listening to motivational speakers I have a pretty extensive collection of this kind of material - i used to listen much more than I have lately but the stereo in my car is out at the moment. I do these things in the summer and xmas break - the rest of the year I am pretty much studying every waking minute formy PhD program.
  06-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
As far as "collecting", these are my other hobbies:
- OTR, old time radio shows
- comics (mostly Marvel, and then 1950s-1960s "funnies", few other randoms)
- action figures (mostly 80s, some 90s, or at least characters that existed or originated in that timeframe), mostly MOC
- classic mecha (Transformers, Robotech, Macross, Gundam W), mostly MIB
- foreign paper currency, especially defunct nations and WWII era
- Smurfs PVCs
- matchbox-sized cars from movies/tv (DeLoreans, Batmobiles, etc), couple slightly larger scales too, if nice
- Pokemon pokeball keychains
- emulators and ROMs
- unique Monopoly boards (National Parks, Simpsons, Pokemon, etc), just a few that catch my eye

I'm not a "completist" of any kind. I just get a few things from those categories that interests me, and it's all pretty much confined to a small part of one bedroom.

I also used to kickbox and go camping, but it's been a while since I did those. Too poor these days.

06-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Books - I tend to collect first edition hardcovers of my favorite SF, fantasy, and mystery writers. I love to read, and now that I've made some changes in my environment, I'm back to reading at least an hour each night - more if I get too sucked in. :>

Action figures - Real Ghostbusters, Buffy, Farscape, a bunch of other shows and films. For the most part, I *am* a completist about most of those lines, where there are a couple of others where I just pick up figures that interest me. I collect pretty much everything I can afford on Osamu Tezuka's Kimba/Jungle Taitei series, not so much on Astro Boy/Tetsuwan Atom (not enough of the first, way too much of the second!).

I edit and publish fan fiction magazines (zines) - have done so since the late '70s when I was introduced to the hobby by Peter David in college. I also illustrate and write myself (although someone else always edits me).

I collect comics and genre magazines, and I really need to organize my collection. There are titles I definitely don't need that I need to put up for sale. I live for the day my favorite long-term title gets made into an adult-oriented cartoon - the Legion of Super-Heroes. I'm a DC girl, along with some of the independents - I own very few Marvel comics.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-01-2005, 12:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Collect comic books, Transformers, Gundam Figs, McFarlane Figs, Justice League Figs, pretty much any fig I find interesting. Anything Macross. Non Sports cards. Usually anything science fiction wise. Building models, (won several awards at model shows for some of my sci fi kits). Anime cds.

Here's a link to some of the models I have built:

http://culttvman.com/mark_mcalister_...excelsior.html

http://culttvman.com/mark_mcalister_s_uss_endeavor.html

http://culttvman.com/mark_mcalister_s_uss_lantree.html

http://culttvman.com/mark_mcalister__ktinga.html

http://culttvman.com/mark_mcalister_...lan_warbi.html

Playing Yugi Oh CCG, Star Trek CCG, Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition, Macross RPG, Twighlight 2000.

Outside of the house: fishing when I get the time.

You know this is a REALLY worth while post, it lets you get to know about your fellow trader other than the fact its just another person on the other end of the computer and what his/her interests are besides tv. Might even give you an idea of some stuff they might be willing to trade for besides other tv shows.

07-01-2005, 02:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
I collect martial arts training weapons and well train with them. Invariably i end up spending more on better quality equipment; sounds familiar lol

I also enjoy "empty hand" martial arts and weightlifting.

07-01-2005, 05:34 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 32 posts since Jun 2005
I collect Archie Comics.Have many old digests and issues. Mostly from the 90's though. I also have a near complete set of Archie trading cards from Skybox I belive. I also have some old action figures too mostly TMNT 80s. Its so hillarious that I still have the Irma Action figure LOL that was so funny. I also have a few GI Joes, and various pvcs (care bears, muppet babies,chip n dale, gummi bears, talespin, smurfs)I have alot of music cds too. I also have alot of old happy meal toys. I have these glo friends toys from the 80s and they glow in the dark. They freak me out lol. I have an old star wars toy too somewhere. Its the snow monster from Empire strikes back. Have alot of old books too. Mostly from my childhood. Lots of kiddy stuff lol. But hey I can't part with the memories. Of how could I forget! I have Tons of X-men action figures. I used to buy one every week.
  07-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I collect comics. Mostly 70's Marvel stuff. I also play music in 3 different bands. Not big on the video games. Too many buttons for me (lol). I also collect toys and deal toys and animation dels. I have tons of Japanese anime figures, statues and other things. I have just about every Gambit figure and statue ever made.

Take care
Bobby
  07-06-2005, 11:03 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Hey Deb, that is really intersting. Peter David writes some of the best Star Trek books out there. (If we are talking about the same guy)
  07-06-2005, 11:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Quote:
quote: I have tons of Japanese anime figures, statues and other things.
I am so loving your Emeraldas statue, (drool's) where did you get it?

I love the way he draws his characters.
  07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Verified Member

TCel - we are. I buy Peter's books, but I can't read them - once upon a time, I was Peter's editor on the campus newspaper, and I've seen some of his worst stuff. :> That said, some of the television work he's done has been nothing short of brilliant - his Crusade work was incredible.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-07-2005, 05:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Collect anything horror-related ie magazines,figures,t-shirts etc.Play bass guitar.Fish when I have the time.Also like to repair/build pc's as well.I read quite a bit as well, mainly horror with a healthy dose of alternative news/media publications(the REAL news).Spend time with my daughter.
  07-07-2005, 12:37 PM

Stats: 239 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to Turtle_Titan
I collect concert recordings Most of my favorite bands encourage taping, many even let tapers set up right on stage, the stage recordings are often better than most official releases Any jazz fans on here?

~Tony

My music list: http://db.etree.org/tonykimm/audio
  07-09-2005, 11:47 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
I COLLECT OLD B&W MOVIES FROM THE 30'S,40'S AND 50'S ... HAVE OVER 800 OF THESE.

I USE TO COLLECT OLD BASEBAL CARDS ...LONG STORY
ALSO USE TO COLLECT PRETTY GUNS AND QUICK-SPITTERS ... LONGER STORY

I ALSO NOW COLLECT VIDEO GAMES :
I HAVE ALL THE RECENT SYSTEMS WITH ATLEAST 70 GAMES PER
EXCEPT FOR GAME CUBE .. JUST BOUGHT IT FOR THE STARWARS GAME .
I COLLECT WEIRD DEVICES AND SPECIAL ARCADE STICKS

THANK GOODNESS FOR VIDEOGAMES AND MOVIES OHHH ,... AND JAZZ MUSIC .
THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT RELAX MY SPIRT ... OTHERWISE I'M A TIMEBOMB.

OHHH,... AND I USE TO COLLECT GORGEOUS WOMEN ... THAT IS EVEN A LONGER STORY ... LOL

ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION MY MOST LOVED COLLECTION ... CHESS SETS ..
I KNOW SOUNDS NERDY ..LOL.. I PLAYED CHESS SINCE I WAS 7 YEARS OLD.
I HAVE CHESS SETS FROM ALL OVER HE GLOBE ... OK .. ONLY 20 ..LOL
BUT I ONLY GET NICE QUALITY , FINE PIECES AND BOARDS .
I HAVE ONE FROM JAPAN, CHINA,TURKEY, GREECE, MEXICO, UNITED KINGDOM ,ITALY, SICILY, GERMANY, ROMANIA, USA , EGYPT, A FEW FROM AFRICA , A FEW FROM SOUTH AMERICA. ,... NONE FROM RUSSIA ... AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A NICE SET OF RED AND WHITE CHESS PIECES. I SAW A SET ON A JAMES BOND MOVIE ,.. SINCE THEN IT SPARKED MY INTEREST IN THOSE .

OK DONE ..HAHAHA
  07-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I have always wanted the Pixie SMURFS chess set, but it costs $500-1000, and the price has never changed. Limited edition from the late 90s. Instead, I'm trying to collect the Smurfs PVCs, and repaint as needed to make my own.
  07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Verified Member

Cool. I have the Buffy the Vampire Slayer chess set. It's the only one I have left - at one time I collected chess sets, and even used to make them in ceramics. Actually, I think I may still have one of those sets up in my mother's attic.
  07-10-2005, 09:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 3 posts since Jun 2005
I am an amateur songwriter and play solo acoustic spots (walk ups)around town (I got a place in the Australian National Songwriting Competition last year in one of the categories. I love the feeling of writing a new song, even though no one may ever hear it. The main thing for me is pleasing myself and attempting to be creative. Naturally I love music, although with a family I don't have time to go and see much live music. Was first taken by the British bands of the sixties (Yardbirds, Cream, Mayall, Love Sculpture) then got into the prog bands like Yes, early Genesis etc. However now my tastes are fairly diverse. While I am a pretty fair guitar player, I wouldn't mind finding more time to get serious about learning some difficult stuff.

Mike
  07-12-2005, 09:19 AM

Stats: 18 posts since Jul 2005
Exercize and collect handguns - sig sauer , smith and wesson, action figures - mostly vintage transformers, gi joe , statues and busts - mostly bowen and sideshow some attakus, some comics mostly dreamwave, and vintage marvel. Read novels. Used to weightlift when i had the spare time and more money.
  07-21-2005, 08:42 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 77 posts since Jun 2005
ku7uk

I'm a magician and Children's Entertainer. I do shows at Birthday parties and weddings etc.

I also attend University, getting my degree in Television and Film production. I make fan-films, and am currently making a 'Batman Vs. Captain America' Fan film.

I collect Comics and Graphic Novles. X-men, Spiderman, JLA Mainly. I have some big collections, including some rare issue 1's.

I like model statues and ships from movies and TV. I have a metal junk-art Terminator, Predator and Stargate Ra statue on my window, along with a Terminator Skull and various other charcaters displayed around the home.

I watch pretty much anything, films, cartoons, tv.

I also like to write, and have wrote some sitcoms and movies. Some of my older ones I have put online here: http://www.geocities.com/cosmicbattles

ku7uk