Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

11-29-2006, 06:50 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I was just thinking of some of my favorite cross-overs. The more I thought about this I realized that in many forms of entertainment there have been some form of crossovers. Dramas, sitcoms, cartoons, soap operas, wrestling, game shows.

Here's some of my favorite, what's yours?

As far as dramas if these can be considered I liked the Shazam/Isis and the Bionic Man/Bionic Woman ones from the 70s. I liked Scooby Doo/Dynomutt, but not sure of the year. Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue? Don't know if this is a crossover, but I liked Mr T on The Chipmunks.

I can't really think of that many from the 80s. I dunno I liked the Laffalympics stuff.

From the 90s I liked the ABC Vegas Crossover storyline that they did for the sitcoms. I really enjoyed The Pretender/Profiler ones and Ally McBeal/The Practice ones. Ally/Practice was cool because on Ally the mood was light and on the practice the mood was dark.

Wasn't there also a Saved By the Bell New Class/Hangtime crossover?

All My Children and One Life To Live had a baby switching storyline.

I also liked Battle of the Network Stars and Circus of the Stars because of the rivalry between the networks at the time. Like this would ever happen again with the salary and insurance problems.

I liked the recent Game Show Marathon that includes classic game shows. However I could have done without Ricki Lake.

Wrestling wise I liked when Jim Cornette & The Heavenly Bodies crashed the TBS studios as reps from Smoky Mountain Wrestling or when Jim Cornette debuted in the WWF in 1993(which was one of those if hell freezes over moments). I also liked Cornette's debut in ECW and all the stuff back and forth with WWF and ECW.

What would a good one be today? Boston Legal/Grey's Anatomy? The O.C./ One Tree Hill?
  11-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
My dream crossover was Everwood comes to Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls. Snappy dialogue squared.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  11-30-2006, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by debwalsh

My dream crossover was Everwood comes to Stars Hollow on Gilmore Girls. Snappy dialogue squared.
Yeah that sounds good. I never even thought about the possibilities of a mother/daughter and father/son interaction. Darn CW why'd you have to put Everwood on the chopping block. That Runaway show ruled
  11-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I want to see a Shield, Nip Tuck, CP32 crossover movie with Eli directing it.
  05-15-2010, 05:51 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I like the Xena/Hercules crossovers-They both had the same characters and strory lines-especially Xena if you didn't watch Hercules you would have no idea what was going on, but then Iam blonde so I would have probably been cobfused anyway lol.