Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I never did like this idiot. He cant act. Too much of sissy girl to not participate in his own show.

Menica is hilarious. I dont care what any says. I love mind of mencia Sick 'em Carlos

http://www.break.com/index/joe_rogan...os_mencia.html

How unprofessional. To come on stage to confront carlos on something that he would know nothing about

Joe you bad actor/ crappy host. Not comedian.
You sucked on newsradio. You suck on fear factor. Which is why I dont watch it

Are you in third grade ? You stole my stickers

Everyone takes liberties of someone else's material.

Rappers do it everyday sampling musicians material.
My nephew begged me to listen to some rap artist song.
I listened. I laughed. I said " I heard it 15 years ago by supertramp "

Musicians steal riffs. Or Chord progressions

Writers do it too. Called poetice Liecence

Come now joe. I believe carlos nailed it . Your Jealous you lack talent
Robin williams stole eddie izzard routine on Easter. Did they have a school yard battle No they know everyone steals. They have better things to do than revert back to 4 th grade

Dressed to Kill came out before live at Met

Joe rogan played an idiot . Which is fitting for an idiot

02-15-2007, 05:03 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
After having watched the clip CP, it appears that it's JOE ROGAN "layin' the smackdown" on Carlos Mencia. I love Mencia, but did you notice how no one backed Carlos? Not even taking your position that everyone steals from everyone else, so, what's big deal?

To your point that Joe Rogan sucked on "News Radio" and "Fear Factor", except for one episode, I never really watched News Radio because I felt the show was unfunny and generally bad anyway. As for "Fear Factor", pretty much anyone can host that show and it would still be nausiatingly horrid even if you had your pick of who'd host the show.

Lastly, not that I'm a huge fan of Joes' or anything, but the guys UFC co-host gig seems to be working out pretty good for him, I'm sure he's gotten a good amount of "female companionship" just because he's on such a highly watched brand of sporting event and associated with the very popular sport that is the UFC and/or MMA.

02-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Gramma of CPS

I did notice, much like lenny , carlos was the lone wolf lol. The man did not not step down :P . I m sure if he had known joe was going to be here. He would have called a few friends too lol .

02-15-2007, 07:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Point is Carlos couldn't even addequately defend himself. Rogan bombed him with fact after fact...I think friends there, or not there Rogan would have still pimp slapped Carlos, to which Carlos would have still had little to no defense for.
  02-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Gramma of CPS

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, that was the point lol. Senior moment I guess lmao!
  02-16-2007, 01:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
God, Mencia is a ripping off piece of crap.That was pathetic, he obviously ripped off a ton of people's jokes.What a complete and utter loser.Easy to gank other's work and use it as your ticket to the top.You set creator's know that feeling lol.Glad Rogan and the other guy put Mencia in his place, he had no real retort to their accusations.I definitely don't like the guy after seeing that....
  02-16-2007, 10:32 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
Fom Joe Rogan.net:

So here's how it all went down...
I had a set at the comedy store Saturday night, and after I closed, I was bringing on the next comedian, a guy named Kirk Fox that works for Carlos Mencia.
I introduce him saying that he's a funny guy, and that he opens on the road for Carlos "Menstealia." That’s the name we call him at the comedy store, and of course Carlos doesn't like it one bit.
Carlos was apparently in the room when I said this, and the perfect combination of ego and timing made him decide that this was the night to put his foot down.
As I got off stage and headed towards the back of the room, he grabbed the mike away from Kirk, and said that I was too much of a pussy to say that crap to his face.
Which to me, is something akin to the hottest girl in the world daring you to **** her while you're standing there in her bedroom naked with a boner.
Of course I had to disagree with him, and I decided to get onstage with him and have this "meeting of the minds" as it were.
On video, and for the whole world to see via the internet.
Shazam!

Now, a lot of comics have had a problem with Carlos stealing material for a long time now, but for whatever reason, many of them don't like to talk about it publicly, mostly because they're afraid that people are going to think that they're just jealous. That, and they're worried about him using his power in "Hollywood" to have them black balled for talking badly about him. But in private, they talk about it. A LOT.
It's a huge problem at the comedy store, to the point where some really good comics are refusing to go onstage if he's there watching the show, and others have a signal system to alert the guy onstage that Carlos has walked into the room.
It's really THAT BAD.
It's like a dark cloud that hovers over the place when he's performing there. He walks by and people literally stop their conversations and move away.
For whatever reason, the owner of the comedy store, Mitzi Shore, has always let him go up there, perhaps because he started there and the fact that she was actually the one to name himself Carlos Mencia instead of his actual name of Ned. Or, maybe she just wasn't aware of how big of a problem it had become. Either way, it's her club, and she's done so much for comedy in general, and me in particular, that I would never question her about any of her decisions. In fact, I had never even talked to her personally about the problem until today.
Quite honestly, I'm happy to get this video and this blog out there, so that hopefully this can be the last time that I have talk about it.
Even I'm getting sick of me talking about it at this point.

To give you a little background, when I first moved to Hollywood way back in 1994 Carlos and I were actually friends.
We hung out together a bunch of times. Played pool together, went to the gym, hung out at the store, all kinds of crap. That's also how I know that he's really half German and Half Honduran and not Mexican. I know it, because he told me himself.
I thought that it was weird to use a fake name, but who gives a crap really. No big deal.
Other than that he seemed to be a cool guy.
Then I started to see it. Over and over again, I would see him do jokes that I knew I had heard before. Then I saw some real obvious crap. Some jokes that I knew were Paul Mooney's, some that were right off a Richard Pryor album. I brought it up to him, and he gave me this half assed denial that I knew was a lie. That was the end of our friendship.
I didn't hate the guy, but there was no way I could hang around with him knowing he's a thief.
For someone who is not a comic, and doesn't understand what the big deal is about comics stealing jokes, please let me try to explain it to you.
It's hard to come up with material. It takes a lot of work, a lot of rewriting, sometimes an approach bombs and you have to rethink it, and often it's a long process until you get to a finished product.
Now, occasionally a joke will come to you in full form, but for the most part it's just an idea that can become a gr
  02-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Some of those stolen jokes are so generic anybody could have come up with them. I thought of the Mexicans building the fence joke on my own, that's so easy to put together. They stole from me?

Joe Rogan is not very funny. Mencia is only moderately funny.

The other part of this is quite a few of those guys have writers, they're not that smart of funny on their own, not even close. So it's really writers that steal from each other, or even something as simple as writers working for both comedians.

I honestly expected that video to end with the two of them playing slapppy-face like 13-year-old girls.

At the end of the day, Joe Rogan was banned from that comedy club, and Rogan's publicist dropped him. You don't jump on stage and interruped another guy's act.

02-17-2007, 06:19 AM

Verified Member

True, but I've followed comedy for most of my life as a fan.It's an art form that you just don't rip off others material as blatantly as Mencia seems to be doing.I mean many of those guys get only paychecks from club gigs, while he's making a mint from comedy central, etc.Seemingly riding that wave to the top using other's hard work.Yes there are some generic jokes, but nearly word for word??C'mon that's painfully obvious to anyone, and that many other comics saying the same thing?Jealousy???Wouldn't the same have been said about Chappelle, George Lopez, etc, etc?Yet I've never really heard that type of accusation against any other comics, to that level.The guy sucks at any rate.Funniest thing is he is supposedly half German/Honduran, not Mexican at all lol!Hopefully other comics will call him out now.Rogan is far from a great, but it takes major testicles to call out someone like that.
  02-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Go and watch "A Day Without A Mexican". As that movie so rightly points out, most people in the USA think anybody born south of the USA border is a Mexican. Even if they're from Brazil or Puerto Rico or wherever.

02-17-2007, 08:17 AM

Verified Member

lol that I agree with 100%.It's sad but true.Funny how all Hispanic/Latin American people are "Mexican", and all middle eastern people are "A-Rabs." Truly pathetic to be honest.