Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
This **** is crazy.

I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the solution to global warming.
Although my ideas are in the earliest stages of development, they are, in my mind, worth investigating. One of my favorites is in the area of forest conservation which we heavily rely on for oxygen. I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required. When presenting this idea to my younger brother, whose judgment I trust implicitly, he proposed taking it one step further. I believe his quote was, "how bout just washing the one square out."

I also like the idea of not using paper napkins, which happen to be made from virgin wood and represent the height of wastefulness. I have designed a clothing line that has what's called a "dining sleeve." The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another "dining sleeve," after usage. The design will offer the "diner" the convenience of wiping his mouth on his sleeve rather than throwing out yet another barely used paper product. I think this idea could also translate quite well to those suffering with an annoying head cold.
  04-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I often hear people talking about using just a square or two of toilet paper. I don't where they get their paper, but it's clearly different than where I buy mine. If I tried to use just one square of TP, it would rip apart and I'd have a couple fingers up my ***, covered in poop. I cannot imagine having to scrape turds from underneath my fingernails.

The dining sleeve is retarded too. They make this nifty invention now. It's called a towel. It can be washed. I use these at home. The reason they are not usually done in restaurants is due to germs. We probably could be more eco-friendly, but at the cost of our daily health.

04-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

The dining sleeve is retarded too. They make this nifty invention now. It's called a towel. It can be washed. I use these at home.

Towels are good. I take some baby wipes when I have to work at hotels and stuff.

You can probably smell Sheryl Crows *** from a mile away.
Man, I'd hate to her boyfriend.

04-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

If I tried to use just one square of TP, it would rip apart and I'd have a couple fingers up my ***, covered in poop. I cannot imagine having to scrape turds from underneath my fingernails.
Here's the solution.
Make sure to rip a tiny piece of the square off. This way you have a small piece to get between your finger nails.
  04-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Yep, she has lost it over this comment. May be she meant one roll, but if some tried to forced me to use one square. THat person would wind up in the hospital, but I'm sort of a clean freak.
  04-25-2007, 05:14 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
baby wipes are handy . Good for ribs too lol
  04-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This story is a CNN headliner right now.
  04-25-2007, 10:21 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

This story is a CNN headliner right now.
Yikes!!! That Sad.
  04-25-2007, 11:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
Sheryl Crow is another hypocritical loudmouth celebrity lib with no grasp of reality. She wants everyone to only use one square of toilet paper to save the earth, yet per the Smoking Gun.com:
Quote:
quote:When it comes to Sheryl Crow's touring requirements, if it's Tuesday, this must be Bombay. Gin that is. The rock star's performance contract includes specific day-to-day instructions on what kind of booze Sheryl needs in her dressing room (TSG has never seen such attention to detail in any other concert rider we've posted). For each show, Crow requires 12 bottles of Grolsch beer, 6 bottles of "local" beer, and a bottle each of "good Australian Cabernet" and "good Merlot." As for the harder stuff, promoters are directed to purchase specific booze depending on what day of the week the concert falls, as the below rider excerpt reveals. Additionally, when the global warming warrior hits the road, her touring entourage (and equipment) travels in three tractor trailers, four buses, and six cars. Now that's a carbon footprint! (4 pages)
No wonder lance dumped her ***.
#1 if she practices what she preaches with the TP then she is probably all funked up.

#2 He finally realized what a moron she is.

04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Verified Member

She's part of the same group of dumb asses like Rosie & Alec.
  04-25-2007, 12:34 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Are we sure Rosie isn't just Alec dressed in drag?
  04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Padre2

Are we sure Rosie isn't just Alec dressed in drag?
You may be right.
They have the same amount of chins
  04-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
It'll happen, as long as we continue to grovel and let all our liberties to be tossed aside for a false sense of security.It'll be a glorius day when we can show our National ID cards, while being frisked by an idiot with a GED in Darth Vaderesque police gear, after having purchased our allowed amount of toilet paper at Wal-Mart.Ah yes, micro-managed back into neo-feudalism, ignorance truly is freedom!!

sarcasm off, but who really pays attention to the dumb things celebrities say anyways.They are in their own little privileged worlds.
  04-26-2007, 02:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 98 posts since Dec 2005
according to these 2 sites:

http://www.sherylcrow.com/news.aspx?nid=7813
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3071833&page=1

it was just a joke...
  04-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by weevil6772

sarcasm off, but who really pays attention to the dumb things celebrities say anyways.They are in their own little privileged worlds.
Rosie said on her show that she yells, cusses and swears to her kids all the time and the audience applauded her.
  04-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Which has nothing to do with the questions she's raised, along with millions of other people.I admit she's silly and ignorant, not to mention I don't agree with her on 90% of things, but to be fair what about Hannity, O'Reilly, and the rest?Liars at best....I don't want to argue politics I know it's a cartoon/tv trading site and I'm wasting energy/breath typing things like this, just saying is all.I'm not going to argue or post anything else relevant to this, but since it got mentioned above in posts thought I'd add my .02 in there.

04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Verified Member

I like Hannity. I don't agree with him all the time, but I do like him

Not to big on O'Reilly though.

04-27-2007, 03:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Go Don Imus Go!!!!!!!