Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-25-2007, 08:21 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
From WWE.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead
  06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Weird.
  06-25-2007, 08:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Nov 2006
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano
it said family but just him and his wife? No way could this be part of the storyline with Vinces death? If anyone knows whats happened please post as im eager to know
  06-25-2007, 08:52 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
this is really weird...yesterday he wasn't at the PPV because he left for personal reasons. And, now he is dead the next day? Thats pretty weird.
  06-25-2007, 09:44 AM

Verified Member

I dont think it could be a storyline, a bit sick if it was. Seems strange. 3 people eing found dead. Murder would be my first thought
  06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Its not a storyline, he missed more than just Vengence as he was also absent from the show the day before.

ABC Local News: http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news...e-cf4eb2b8cd7f

TNA issues their condolences: http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=1416

Test confirms its not a work on sat.radio :

"Former WWE superstar Andrew "Test" Martin was just a guest on the live broadcast of Bubba The Love Sponge radio, on channel Howard 101 on Sirius satelitte radio. He seemed very out of it and in disbelief, but confirmed the news as he had been informed of the unfortunate situation.

To those emailing us with the note from Wikipedia.com claiming the Benoit-family death situation is a WWE television angle - we can confirm that rumor is completely false. There is nothing scripted about the very tragic circumstances that unfolded today. "

Its a sad day for wrestling fans, we have lost one of the greatest wrestlers in any era

Tonights RAW has been scrapped and will be a memorial show, all references to the McMahon death story have been removed from wwe.com and will not be made mention of tonight.

From the initial sounds of it there is foul play and I am betting they were murdered. Hopefully it was not a fan, but we know how obsessed some people can get.
  06-25-2007, 10:40 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Wow this is really sad
  06-25-2007, 11:27 AM

I'm recording tonight's 3-hour tribute show.
  06-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I had my Toshiba set to get it as well, I am stuck at work so I cant watch it till I get home

I hope to god that the Vince is dead storyline dies, I will never watch WWE again if it starts back up next week. It was bad enough to disrespect Eddie like they did by using his wife and brother in storylines about his death but this would be the lowest form of tastelessness that I have ever seen.
  06-25-2007, 01:48 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Very sad. I'm just stunned.
  06-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
More and more news is coming in that Chris Murdered his wife on Saturday, then on Sunday his son. Then he called into WWE and said he couldn't make the tapings. And then killed himself on Monday (Today).

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Verified Member

New information came in that Chris strangled Nancy and Daniel and then hung himself according to Wade Kellers latest audio

06-26-2007, 12:55 AM

Verified Member

If what has been said s true then why were the WWE meant to be holding a tribute to him?
  06-26-2007, 01:35 AM

The news about his death came in the late morning, but no facts were known at the time. The WWE taped and edited the 3-hour show shortly thereafter, in the early afternoon. Fans in Corpus were sent home at the gates. The tribute show was almost completely aired when the facts of the case started to be released by the police department. The most they could have done is pull the plug on the on-air episode already in progress, which would not have happened.

You'll notice WWE has largely pulled the plug on the hero-worship type stuff that was there last night, before the facts came out. There is now a single news item and nothing more to be seen. A good bit of Benoit-related content seems to be gone now too, found some dead links.

From what I've read, the wife suffocated and killed their son, and he strangled her later on, seeing what she had done. In his depression and panic, he hung himself. Sad situation.

06-26-2007, 01:46 AM

Verified Member

It was a lose-lose situation for Vince McMahon. If he had not did a tribute he would've been labeled forever as a cold hearted S.O.B. It's just a case of danged if you do, danged if you don't.

It will be interesting to see how this effects WWE. I mean now they are saying they found a INSANE amount of steriods, perscription pills, amnd illegal drugs on the Benoit property. One report went as far to say that this investigation will get wierder as it goes along.

I wonder what WWE does now with their wellness program, this has to be a serious serious problem in that aspect. I wonder what changes will be made. Will there be manditory Phyciatric sessions for Talent, I can see so much changing on the horizon. This is something that has never happened before, well in my memory atleast.

Brent

06-26-2007, 01:53 AM

If the WWE homepage is any indication of the future, it will be business as usual in just a few days.
  06-26-2007, 02:25 AM

Verified Member

A layout of the events in the Benoit Murder-Suicide.

Police confirmed this morning to ABC that this is in fact a double homicde/suicide investigation.

Also revealed were the following gruesome facts:

All 3 were found in seperate rooms. Time of death places benoit murdering Nancy first Saturday night. He then murdered his son sometime Sunday morning. Then almost 24 hours later, he commits suicide. Benoit's body was found in his personal weight room.

It is speculated that Benoit killed Nancy in the heat of an argument, possibly about her leaving him with their son. Then, as his son wakes the next morning, Chris decides to kill him as well.

What happened in the hours in between the deaths and his suicide is not known, but it is known that Benoit never left the house during this time. He stayed in there with their corpses for almost 24 hours before finally making the decision to kill himself rather than face prosecution.

Sources inside WWE told ABC that Saturday night, Benoit sounded calm on the phone, and really only described his situation as a "family emergency". Benoit, who was supposed to win the ECW belt that Sunday at the PPV, turned the belt down and said something along the lines of "I don't want it, give it to someone else". And WWE did just that. Johnny Nitro, who took benoit's place in the ring, got the belt Benoit was supposed to get.

Several major news media outlets outright refused to even look at this story at first, believing it was indeed another hoax like McMahon's death. However, with TMZ.com, ABC, and CNN covering it now, this story has broke wide open. There are plans this week for coverage of this case on CNN's nancy Grace.

Autopsy results are due later today.

More as this breaks.

06-26-2007, 05:47 AM

Verified Member

WWE News
WWE News: Press Conference on Benoit - Nancy tied up, Bibles placed next to bodies
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
Jun 26, 2007, 14:24

-Shepherd Smith on Fox News referred to Chris Benoit as "this Chris Benoit character," ran down the ways each died, and said now steroids are suspected as having triggered his actions.

-Lt. Pope said after a call for a "welfare check" prompted by WWE, they found all three bodies in the home mid-afternoon. He said autopsies have been performed and it is being considered a homicide-homicide-suicide. They said he murdered his wife by affixiation as far back as Friday, then his son Daniel the next day, then hanged himself likely on Sunday. He said toxicology reports can take up to several weeks to obtain. During questioning, he said there was no suicide note. He stuck with the term "asphyxiation" for the way both Nancy and Daniels died. He said Benoit was arrested for DUI in the past. He said there were no calls to his current residence for domestic abuse. A reporter asked if steroids or illegal substances were found. He said a lot of prescription medication he received from doctors with what they believed were legal prescriptions. When again pressed on whether steroids were found, he said he can't give them a list yet. He then said there were anabolic steroids when asked a third time. Regarding motive, he said they would not go into that at this time. Regarding the text message, he said he text messaged a friend and the friend saw it several hours after it was received by his phone. He would not go into the content of it. According to the doctor, several hours passed, no more than a day, between the son's death and Benoit's suicide by hanging. The wife's body was found in the office area, Daniel in his bedroom, and Benoit in the basement home gym. He estimated close to a full day between killing his wife and son. He said there was no evidence of Nancy resisting. The doctor from the crime lab estimates Nancy died some time on Friday. He turned questioing over to Fayetteville County D.A. Scott Ballard.

-Ballard said he is struck by the fact that a seven year old boy is dead. "I don't think we'll ever be able to wrap our minds around it completely," he said. He said the timing was bizarre because of the time that elapsed between the deaths of the two victims and the suicide. "It struck me as somewhat bizarre that he would even be in the home with their deceased bodies for some time, but we don't know that; we haven't verified it." He said there was a Bible placed next to the bodies of each of the victims. He said Nancy was bound by her feet and wrists and there was some blood under her head. She was wrapped in a towel. There were no such body treatments of the son.

06-26-2007, 07:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 89 posts since Jun 2005
I'm profoundly disturbed that someone that I was such a fan of turned out to be such a gigantic a-hole. He may have been talented but I will never again watch one of his matches again without the word "murderer" in my head overshadowing any appreciation for his athletism.

Bastard.
  06-26-2007, 08:42 AM

Verified Member

Nasty stuff, must have had severe problems to do something like this