Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Ex-Marine, 72, pummels pickpocket, 27

MUSKEGON, Mich., June 27 (UPI) -- A 72-year-old former U.S. Marine and Golden Gloves boxing runner-up bloodied a 27-year-old man who allegedly tried to pick his pocket in a Michigan store.

Bill Barnes told police he had just come from an ATM with $300 tucked in his left pocket when he stopped at a Muskegon, Mich., gas station to buy a lottery ticket Friday.

As he was scratching the ticket, he said he felt something in his pocket, and he reacted by grabbing the man's arm and then raining down a flurry of punches with his other arm.

Store manager Bill Dutcher tried to intervene, and the grappling trio ended up outside, where Dutcher pinned the dazed and bleeding suspect on the ground.

A 27-year-old suspect was arraigned Monday on one count of unarmed robbery, a 15-year felony, the Muskegon Chronicle reported.

Barnes told the newspaper he's not afraid to tangle with almost anyone, except one person.

"I wouldn't want my wife to give me hell for letting that guy get my money," he said.

As read :
http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/87648

Too funny.