Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Nov 2006
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano
Im visiting New York in January for a week from here in the UK and was wondering if anybody on here had visited before and could offer any advice of how to see the place and things to do. Thinking of doing a tour of sopranos locations. Just wondering if anyone has any adivce. Thanks
  07-01-2007, 07:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
hmmm I actually live about 1hr 20-30 mins from the city but still close enough (that is if you are actually going to the city and not the surrounding areas). I haven't a clue where the Sopranos filmed, but I could swear I heard about a tour that brings you to such locations. Where exactly/roughly are you going to be in New York?
  07-01-2007, 07:54 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.sceneontv.com/tour.php/sopranos/
  07-01-2007, 08:15 AM

Verified Member

I am going to be a mile away from the empire state building. We are just thinking of stuff to do. Not sure about nights out also as its me and a mate who both enjoy going clubing here in the uk. NOt sure on dress codes in the USA as we may need new gear.
  07-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
well their is always the village (soho) as its a big tourist spot with a lot of odds and ends to check out. The Museum of Natural History and it's super nice planetarium is another. As far as clubs go, I could no longer tell you. That kind of died out for me towards 2000

I wish I could help you out more, but to be rather blunt I have not been to the city in quite a few years (not counting long Island which is right along it). The last full visit I had was shortly after 911 and that was not for 911 but other reasons. Since then prices have gone up more. Taking a train full trip can cost around 40-50$ and if driving by car that cost me more, not to mention the horrendous traffic and parking prices. I still find it funny that it is close by and yet I go everywhere else but there.
  07-01-2007, 08:55 PM

Verified Member

Thanks, think it will be a good place to visit but it will be expensive. We are not staying anywhere fancy so that has saved us money, although we will have to use public transport it should be a great trip