Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

08-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
OS ANGELES - Van Halen fans, get ready to "Jump."

The rockers have re-formed with original frontman David Lee Roth and will set out on a national tour beginning in October, according to a report posted Wednesday on Billboard Magazine's Web site.

In its report, the music industry trade publication said Van Halen will play 50 dates in arenas across North America.

The report coincides with a news release issued Tuesday by touring company Live Nation and Van Halen saying the band will be making "an announcement of monumental proportions" during a news conference Monday in Los Angeles.

Representatives of the band and Live Nation would not confirm the band will announce a reunion tour.

Reports surfaced this year that three of the band's original members _ Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen _ would tour along with Eddie Van Halen's son, Wolfgang, in place of original bassist Michael Anthony. That tour never materialized.

In March, Eddie Van Halen entered rehab for unspecified reasons. Later that month, the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Roth left the group for a solo career after the release of the band's "1984" album, which featured the hits "Jump," "Hot For Teacher" and "Panama."

The band carried on into the 1990s with new lead singer Sammy Hagar. Later, former Extreme frontman Gary Cherone joined the band for one album.

Van Halen hasn't toured with Roth in more than 20 years.

___

On the Net:

Van Halen:

http://www.van-halen.com
  08-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Won't happen.How many times has this been set up and derailed before they got off the ground?
  08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I remember one a few years ago, fell apart before it started. I won't believe it until I see it.

He couldn't hit the notes anymore.

08-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
How is he even singing after what his throat went through medically?

He is going to sound like Ned from South Park-
No pun intended...

08-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
No Michael Anthony.
He's the heart and soul of their background vocals.