08-20-2007, 04:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, just wondered if the post office was training new employees in other areas. the branch that i use most of the time has some REAL WINNERS working there now going thru training. one guy didn't think it was possible to mail a package first class mail to canada for $3-4.00. also, one of the new ladies there argued up and down with me that ONLY BOOKS could be mailed media mail when i wanted to mail some discs media mail. just wondered if there were other similar situations out there. thanks stoogedog
  08-20-2007, 05:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Oh, yeah, there's a few winners at my local office. I had one guy who refused to take a single CD mailer to Canada without a customs form. I simply put stamps on them and mailed them, right in front of him. They got there fine. Anymore, I go to the USPS site, and bring a printout of the specific regulation (especially for media mail). When they give me and argument, I show them the printout. End of argument. It only takes once, and then they remember you - and no arguments from there on!
  08-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The local postmaster knows I know my stuff, we met shortly after I moved there. If any desk workers gives me crap, I have her e-mail address and phone number. only sued it once so far. I generally try to be nice, and luckily the office workers are pretty smart (and quite nice).

08-21-2007, 02:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I think by far the stupidest, or most frustrating was an argument I had with over postage.

I brought in a package - a little yellow envelope with 3 stamps on it.
I asked him to weigh it, to make sure it had enough.
And it required 78 cents- and I put 112 on it- or whatever the amount was-
so he puts it back on the counter and says what do you want to do-
I said about what?
he says you have too much postage on it-
I said uhmm ok? guess the post office makes out this time- jokingly
He didn't take it as a joke, he said all packages had to be exact postage- I chuckled and said, no they don't.
We argued a good 5 minutes before I had to ASK for a manager, to resolve it.

Dumb argument, but I wonder how many people believed him and took stamps off, or tried to adjust it- or simply repackage it-

(shaking head)

08-23-2007, 12:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 147 posts since Jun 2005
I remember when I would ship stuff COD a while back, I would have to instruct the workers on how to do it, lol. I would tell them what parts I get and the post office keeps.
  08-23-2007, 04:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, those of us who have to "help" the postal workers thru the procedures and policies should get some sort of discount. LOL. thanks stoogedog
  08-24-2007, 04:51 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I have a small quaint post office. There's only about 6 people who work there. Most of them have been there over 20 years and they are all cool and take real good care of me.
  08-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
heh heh. My cool postal dude