Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I can't seem to PM some folks, like MuppetDanny. It appears to be anybody added to the forum in the past year or so.

Is it just me?

The PM icon is missing from the forum profiles for these folks. And when I add their name manually to the TO: spot, I get a reply that this person does not wish to use PM.

In the case of MuppetDanny, he and I shared PMs not long ago. I don't get it. Wanted some feedback before I submit the problem to allaboutduncan for repair.

08-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
just PMed muppetdanny
seemed to work okay for me.
ask muppetdanny if he received the PM
  08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
whilst you're here... i sent you a few emails (not PMs)
i know you're busy
but check that you received or not!
let me know either way.
  08-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I deliberately turned off PMs on my account a while ago, so if you see that setting on my account, it's accurate.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-30-2007, 05:28 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
It looks like the PMs not working are related to the Database restore we did a while back. PMs are enabled by default for all new users, but they were not being set as such.

I've fixed everyone's but MuppetDanny's for some reason. I can't update his DB record. Will look into it further.

Deb, you're still disabled.