Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Anyone know about Sacramento, CA? I'm thinking about applying for a job there with my old company. I hear the weather is perfect year around!
  09-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrame...a#Demographics
  09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Someone once told me sacramento is known for 360 good days of weather a year....

Never been there myself, but from experience San Diego is just beautiful
  09-07-2007, 10:24 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I've been there many times...Sac is not a bad place, it's the capital of Cali. There is more I could say, but wikipedia does a good job in its description, and I'd only be repeating the info.

I also echo Savages' sentiments, if near perfect weather is what you're looking for, San Diego is an excellent choice, I lived there for awhile and I just loved it.
  09-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Sacramento is okay. Depends on where you live. It's about an hour 10 from my house. I live in Walnut Creek. It's just super hot in the summer. Over a 100 everyday.
  09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
its much better in orange County where i live
  09-09-2007, 04:29 AM

It's funny, I've read posts from people from Washington who moved down there and hated it, and the same from people who moved up from Sacramento and they hate it here. We have great summers (sometimes), but they are to short! Eight months out of the year are wet & cold and just suck! Never used to bother me till last year. I think I would rather be hot & dry versus wet and cold!

I was concerned about housing, but it's close to around here. In Seattle a rambler is going for $400,000! Although prices seem to be falling in CA! One out of 4 houses sold in the Sacramento area are sold on a short sale. My neighbor across the street is going through a divorce (sad) she has her house listed for $280,000 and hasn't had anyone look at it for four months.

I did have someone tell me that people aren't too friendly in Sacramento! I come from Idaho, not friendly is better than stupid, angry redneck losers (small minority, but they can cause problems) anyday! My wife misses Idaho and my family and most of my friends still lives in Idaho, but miss it I do not!

Orange County??? I don't think so!
  09-09-2007, 04:39 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
If you want friendly, yet not stupid (the "Athens of the South", and still very much Democratic/Independent), with cheaper cost of living, where all four seasons happen, consider Tennessee. The weather here is very nice compared to what I experienced in Texas. I've been to Washington a few times, and you're going to suffer the effects of living near an ocean coast (rain, humidity, salty air, etc).

I doubt moving to California would be a big change for you. You'd have to go more inland.

09-09-2007, 02:19 PM

No, I don't think I want to live on the great big earthquake fault line in Tennessee!. Sacramento's weather is quite a bit hotter than WA in the summer, but it is a lot nicer the rest of the year.