Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

11-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
What were some of the crazy things you did as a child. Not teen or adult .

I ll start.

boomerang frogs = Friend of mine used to toss live frogs at on coming traffic. I looked at him said how mean it was. Unitl... you see it in action . Those little froggy legs floppin around in mid air. As it smacks someone in the passanger side going 35 mp is priceless

This isnt crazy. Just funny. Danny & I were tossing rocks. ( Not at traffic ). My little sister happen to come strolling up the sidewalk.

I .... I flinched . It hit her in the forehead . Mom called all the kids over who were in sight. Danny & I sat on the hill frozen. We could hear everything. The next thing we heard was my sister telling mom little jimmy young. ( Who was just playing with his trucks. Little weeny anyways ). Threw a rock at her. Within a matter of minutes. Jimmy's mom came running down the street with a nice long belt. Mom said something. Within a instant little jimmy got his *** kicked for 2 blocks .

Meanwhile, danny & I were sitting on the hill laughing our *** off.

To this day. Jimmy still carries the blame ( and the bruises too )
Maybe one day I tell his mother ( not )

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. the good ol' days of paddles , shoes, belts, and switches ( pick your own ).

Maybe some of you wont think this is funny . I guess you had to be there
  11-22-2007, 04:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Ah yes, the devil inside! I remember a snow filled year, when I was like 9 or 10. We were throwing snowballs - at cars, of course! Bad thing to do, but what do kids know. Well, one of my last throws turned out to have a chunk of ice in it. It hit the back window of a station-wagon. Shattered the window and caused the driver to stop about 100 yards from where we were. My little buddy Carl's first instinct was to run! But not me.

"Sit down and shut up, Carl" but he was itching to get the heck out of there. I told him, "Let me do the talking".

The station-wagon put it into reverse and backed up to right in front of us. "You two just broke my window!". And my response? "No, ma'am, that was a bunch of black kids (it was an all white neighborhood and the late 60's) that went that way" pointing to the alley.

"No, no, I saw the whole thing, it was you" she said. I kept insisting it wasn't us, but some other kids. She wasn't buying any of it. She threatened to take us to the police - I agreed and said "I know where the station is, I can show you"...

We went into the station (Carl was about as white as a sheet) and the woman explained the incident to the cop. The very first thing out of his mouth was "Lady, if these kids hit your car with a snowball, and broke your window, there's no way in hell they'd just be standing around waiting for you to come back"..... Needless to say, she didn't win the argument with the cop and they let us go. Carl just about crapped his pants, and I thought he'd give it away, but he'd been in enough trouble with his parents, he didn't have a choice.

...always surprised I never lead a life of crime! lol
  11-22-2007, 07:26 AM
Gramma of CPS

you should have been an attorney lol
  11-22-2007, 08:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 89 posts since Jun 2005
ooooh.... this sounds like fun.

Near the end of the school year when I was in sixth grade, someone came to our class to try to drum up business for the summer camp they worked for. They passed out brochures and told us all about how fun it would be. My friends and I were very excited. These people had archery and we had never seen a real bow and arrow.

We begged and pleaded with our parents to let us go. My friends didn't have to beg too hard actually. I did quite a bit of begging because my mom was reluctant to agree due to the fact that she just "knew" that I would get home sick and want to come home after a day. I should have listened to mom. She knows me better than anybody.

Susie, Jackie, and I arrived at Camp Wildwood later that summer. After our parents left, the first thing the counselors did was ask us to get out our Bibles. We were confused. Nobody told us to bring Bibles but every other kid there had a Bible. Thankfully Jackie had a Bible in the bottom of her bag as she had left for camp from the Catechism class that we had all attended together earlier that morning. We all decided to share. We were told to turn to a certain part. Certain kids were asked to real aloud one after another. My friends and I started to get really confused. All the other kids seemed to be reading something different than we were. We all got really scared and panicky at the thought of being asked to read. It was bad enough that two of us didn't have Bibles. We didn't want to call attention to ourselves by revealing that the Bible we did have wasn't working right. The kid right before us ended up finishing the story so in the end nobody asked us to read. Whew.... crisis averted.

Then it came time for dinner. Before we were allowed into the dining hall, the counselors told us that it was time to worship. My friends and I were confused because the counselors started singing and encouraging everyone to sing along. Anyone caught not singing along was forced to go up front and sing alone. My friends and I were very shy and terrified at the thought of going up front but we didn't know the words to the song. On top of all that, we could not figure out why they were singing about a frog.

At this point, my friends and I started to get really uncomfortable. Something seemed really "off." We were confused at the amount of time these people spent talking about Jesus. We were not interested in Jesus. We were interested in archery.

Later that night, the counselors gathered the campers around a campfire and started telling stories about how they had been "saved." It seemed like they picked people at random to tell their story. My friends and I got extremely scared this time. Everyone they called on had a story about a time they were in trouble and Jesus saved them. However, if they called on us, we would have no story. We had never been in trouble so Jesus, of course, had never saved us.

At this point, we decided that we had to get out of their before everyone found out that we didn't fit in. We knew we had to call our parents to come get us. We snuck away from the camp because we were too chicken to fess up about why we didn't belong. We were honestly under the impression that Jesus had talks with everybody at that camp and that there must be something wrong with us because we couldn't hear what he was saying.

The camp was back a long woods road. We had snuck away from the fire about 10pm and started walking to try to find a town. We thought that the road would never end. About 2am we came upon a fairly deserted highway. We picked a direction and started walking. About a half-hour later, a police cruiser saw us and pulled over to find out why three children were on the road in the middle of the night.

We told him that we had been at this camp where everyone was crazy. We told him that the counselors were hearing voices and seeing Jesus everywhere and that all the kids were too and that it was really scary. Susie told him that it was just like the time her brother had dru
  11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Gramma of CPS

LOL I ve heard stories about those camps :P
  11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
When I was 11, my friends and I went to this ladies house and had quite a bit of fun. My friend Todd turned off her electricity and put a pad lock on her power box. When she came out, my friend Kenny and I squirted her down with her water hose.

Another time the people across from my friends house went on vacation. It was freezing cold and raining that year. We decided to shoot his pellet gun at the their sun dome on the roof. It was so cold it shattered and their house got rained in for 2 weeks.
  11-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Gramma of CPS

lmao!!!