Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

01-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Seller Update: Fees, Rewards & Standards
eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you:

1. Reduced Listing Fees
You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts.
* Lower Insertion Fees
* Making Gallery free
* Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus

2. Rewards for great sellers
There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs).
* More search exposure through Best Match
* Fee discounts for PowerSellers
* Increased protection for PowerSellers

3. Feedback Changes
Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.
* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.
* Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

For more details on how these changes may affect you, attend a special Seller Webinar at 10:00 a.m. this Friday, February 1. You may also see announcements from eBay executives on the Announcement Board.
  01-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Knight of Toonplar

Stats: 1,516 posts since Jun 2005
YAY for me and Prop Sales.
  01-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Cool. I have to admit that the insertion and final fees were a deterrent for me to start posting stuff - I have tons of action figures (mostly Buffy, Alias, and maybe some MacFarlane X-Files) and retail DVD sets (most still in shrink wrap) to unload. I need to do some serious thinning of my collection, and I accept that I might get less than I paid, but the fees were getting a little too high to consider taking too much of a loss ... neat news, thanks for sharing!
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  01-31-2008, 05:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
yeah now they do it. I listed vhs tapes over the holiday and after paypal fees, ebay fees- lost money on most items.

Pft.
  01-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Verified Member

Bad thing is they are shifting all the power to the buyer.
The buyer can leave you all the negatives they want and destroy your reputation and you can't do anything about it. You can no longer leave a negative to the buyer.
  01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Ultimately the buyer always had that power, if a seller really cared about their reputation. I haven't sold anything in over a year, so it looks like I pretty much have to start from scratch on my reputation, though.

I really need to clear some stuff out of here. My mother is threatening to start sending my packages back when they arrive if I don't get rid of some of the boxes stacked up around the basement where my apartment is. Anybody interested in some retail PAL tapes? :?
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Well the buyer sends you their address, don't they..

{Evil evil evil savage}

02-02-2008, 12:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 201 posts since Jun 2005
Fees for really low priced items are reduced. Final value fees for everything else is increased anywhere from 25-40%!! Fcuk you ebay!
  02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Verified Member

Yeah, they suck.
We're all pulling for Google to open an auction place.
  02-04-2008, 01:03 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Ebay, in my opinion has been going downhill for quite some time. I would love to see Google open a auction site.