Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

07-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Am I the only one that is growing EXTREMELY wary with sitcomsonline right now?

In the past 2 months, I've noticed a HUGE surge in new traders, most of whom supposedly deal with each other and flood the board with "______ is a great trader!" posts. And then we have people like raretvondvd, and now prophetlivingood soliciting for trades? YIKES!

Not to mention BOTH version01 (Robert) and dragongohan (Rob), two horrible scammers, registered and tried to post in the past month (both times, I reported them via PM to combisbest and wrote a scammer warning in the post so nobody else got screwed).

I swear 50% of the daily posts are now made by these people.

Veterans be wary.

07-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
YOU AIN'T THE ONLY ONE , BOSS ... SITCOMSONLINE TRIED , IT SEEMED TO LOCK THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE OUT ... BUT .. THEY KEEP CROPING UP LIKE WEEDS .
DRAGONGOHAN IS A PIECE O' CRAP ... I THINK THEY SHOULD DO SOME WEEDING OUT . HOPEFULLY SOONER THAN LATER .
  07-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
Is this the same robert guy that lives in ny..and works for new york magazine?
  07-22-2005, 04:09 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 124 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to tobal2
Dragongohan does live in NY and (supposedly) works for a magazine there... I've traded with him a few times in the past - all large trades - and actually never had a problem with anything. Nearly every time his discs arrived to me before I'd even had a chance to finish his up.

Apparently rare is regarded with some level of respect over there? I guess enough people haven't been fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of his little tirades that seemingly happen at random due to him being completely insane.

Sitcomsonline does seem full of those "Joe is a great trader" posts now, and quite frankly I've tired of being jerked around by other traders, as well as getting crap discs and STILL getting some with all types of garbage and hairs all over them (gotta love these TRUSTED traders!) and have pretty much stopped outside of just a few reliable people... I have more shows than I'll ever watch in at least two lifetimes anyway!
  07-22-2005, 04:50 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
thought that was him...i have done several trades with him too and no problems.
i do have his address around here somewhere if we need to post it
  07-23-2005, 09:15 AM

That WOLF11 guy on sitcoms is dumber than a sack of wet mice.
  07-23-2005, 08:48 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
"Apparently rare is regarded with some level of respect over there? I guess enough people haven't been fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of his little tirades that seemingly happen at random due to him being completely insane"

Amen Ron , Amen
  07-24-2005, 11:01 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 147 posts since Jun 2005
I did a trade once with Dragon and it went smooth. I guess its because we both live in NYC and he was probably scared I would beat him to death if he didn't deliver on the trade.
  08-08-2005, 10:26 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 89 posts since Jun 2005
Has anyone else noticed all the newbies that have signed up in the past couple of weeks? You barely see anyone posting that has been there a while. I think it is because of a couple of traders that was posting about the site on some different Yahoo Trading Groups. Not that newbies are a bad thing because I have not been on there but for several months, it is just that they have taken over...

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject. It really makes it hard to know who you can trust anymore!
  08-09-2005, 02:31 AM

I still think a lot of those newbies know each other from elsewhere in the past, as a lot of them have the same nasty attitude. Plus many of them are collecting for the thrill of collecting, not to watch the sets. I don't go for that one bit.
  08-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
It's like a din in SitcomsOnline lately. A shame.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that most of the newbies are high school or college aged. Home for the summer and bored, which would explain why there have been so many of them at this point of time.

I'm really sick of seeing that one avatar though - I'm surprised he hasn't been asked to remove it (the figure flipping the bird, Joey-something or other).
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I stopped by there yesterday and knew maybe 1-2 people on there which is sad since I have been online publically trading since late 2002 and around the net since 1996, and of course the ratings and quality ratings have hit all time lows, starting to think now anything on DVD is 9/10-10/10 with no understanding of any issues or what the difference in numbers/grades is
  08-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mele503

Has anyone else noticed all the newbies that have signed up in the past couple of weeks? You barely see anyone posting that has been there a while. I think it is because of a couple of traders that was posting about the site on some different Yahoo Trading Groups. Not that newbies are a bad thing because I have not been on there but for several months, it is just that they have taken over...

Just my 2 cents worth on the subject. It really makes it hard to know who you can trust anymore!
I m not a newbie Just lack Internet connection right now

I post when I can. From where ever I can..
  08-25-2005, 05:22 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Sure CP....I was in chat the same time as you earilier and you just ignored me ha ha hah a
  08-25-2005, 05:46 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I guess policing the board was too much of a pain. Doesn't help that a lot of people's words don't mean anything. I was fortunate enough that I haven't had any real problems on the board. Sometimes a lack of "common" courtesy, but that was it.
  08-25-2005, 07:40 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Alas, courtesy, like sense, is not so common. And I'm finding myself feeling rather nostalgic for people who can put a simple sentence together, since so much of SO's posts are gibberish netspeak (i.e., r u tr8ing w/me?). It's almost like going to spa, coming here and finding literate posts ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-25-2005, 07:57 AM

Literacy is a very telling trait about a person. Typos and slight mistakes are fine, outright "kiddie speak" is not. In my years of experience, the inability to form a complete sentence translates into a bad trader.

09-09-2005, 08:11 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 20 posts since Jun 2005
The Smurf hit it on the head again... whatever happened to ENGLISH??