Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

12-11-2008, 03:15 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
Hello Everyone,

I recently discovered that my male Shar-Pei has entropia in both eyes, and he needs surgery to have the problem corrected. Entropia is:

What is Entropia? Entropia is the condition in which the pets eye rolls inward,
causing the eyelashes to point inside the eyelid which can cause the dog pain and
possible permanent scar to the cornea, which will result in poor vision. This can
also lead to chronic conjunctivitis and corneal lesions. Signs include closure of
the eyes, plus excess tearing, red eyes, or white spots on the surface of the cornea.

What Causes Entropia? This condition is believed to be hereditary. Your vet can test
your pup/dog for this condition along with other eye related conditions from very
early on.

Can Entropia be treated? This condition can be corrected by your vet, with surgery.

What are the symptoms of Entropia? Generally the dog will have puffy eyes with
discharge, eyes that look half closed & continually weeping, red eyes, or white spots
on the surface of the cornea.

Is Ectropia another form of Entropia? No, Ectropia is the opposite of Entropia. Ectropia is a condition that causes the eyelids to fold out, causing irritation.

*This information is not meant to take the place of a Veterinarians advice. This is for educational and informational purposes only and is not meant as means for diagnosis.

source:

http://www.dogo.org/Education/entropia.htm

================================================== ===================

Thank you,

Daniel E. De La Cruz

12-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I hear you. I love my doggy and spent $5.000 of having a brand new knee built for him.

I have him on the Wellness program at Banfield hospital which is usually connected to a Petsmart. It's costs 38.00 a month and it covers his comprehensives every six months, all his shots, dental and 2 Xrays a year. Plus it drops your expenses down quite a bit.
  12-22-2008, 02:54 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I'd like to report that my dog had successful Entropia correction surgery. He's now going to be able to see without a hindrance of any kind, though a little sore, he's resting comfortably now. I'd also like to thank everyone who contributed to the fund raising effort, I couldn't have met the goal without you. Really, it's so nice to know that one can count on his friends (on CPS) in a time of need.

Thanks Again,

Dan D.