Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

08-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
If I were a rich man, this would be on my desk.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/c....cgi?item=2910
  08-01-2005, 11:28 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Ha ha you and my wife think alike, she was just commenting on this 2 nights ago. She made me buy that movie the minute we saw it at Walmart
  08-02-2005, 06:58 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
That thing is just wrong in sooo many ways :-)
  08-02-2005, 07:01 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
Could I interest you in a nice cross maybe? - Bunches cheaper too!
  08-02-2005, 07:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
If I was rich I would get all the Tigersharks toys MIB, and a green ranger helmet.
  08-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Sideshow's stuff is just amazing. I have several figures, and of course the LoTR statues that came out with the extended editions. Their 1/4 scale Luke Skywalker was to die for. No way could I afford it, but it didn't stop me from drooling. :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-02-2005, 03:37 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 170 posts since Jun 2005

<center></center>
  08-13-2005, 05:04 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Wow, none of my statues cost that much.
  08-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Verified Member

Most I've spent on a statue was $150 for the Promethea statue based on the Alan Moore comic. Absolutely gorgeous piece, so totally fragile, I've never had the nerve to display it - not with 6 cats careening around my living space. I have no doubt it would be shards within a day.

I do have on display my Ralph (GAH) from Electric Tiki, a couple of Buffy statues, along with my Krypto, Superboy and Krypto, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and the pride of my collection, The Bottled City of Kandor. They all fit neatly on a shelf inside a glass-doored cabinet. But Promethea is just too high and too wide to put in there, so she stays safely in her box.

I need a house three times the size of the one I live in to be able to display all the cool stuff I've collected over the years. I really need to do a rotating exhibit ... :&gt;
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-13-2005, 07:20 AM

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I have most of my high-priced stuff out on display in "the dungeon". For instance, my authentic props from Star Trek:TOS, my Star Trek:TOS 14k gold/Sterling Silver Chess set, and all the Franklin Mint pewter ships I have. Whats the use in having cool-*** stuff if no one can see it?! LOL
  08-14-2005, 01:39 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
the local , well I say local, (but its like 60 miles from here) comic shop carries the 1:1 scale busts of Dr. Doom, Spiderman, the Hulk. They're nice and very detailed. LOL, they have a 1:1 (life size) scale spiderman prop based on the movie for like $3000 The most I've ever paid for any of my statues was $195 for my Michael Turner Supergirl statue wich resides in my curio with my other anime statues and figs.
  08-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Most I ever spent on a toy was some of my vintage Robotech-Macross 1/55th valkyries, or some of the gestalt/base Transformers. They were all $100 to $200. These are foot-tall fully working transformable toys. Usually in good condition with most of the original box/packaging, always complete.

A few times, broken, hence the sub-$500 tag, but I know how to repair and customize toys. In fact, at least one of the valkyries I bought solely to customize.

In the early/mid 90s I used to buy banged-up toys, fix them, and then resell them in better condition for a small profit. Worked out great, especially before the Internet got big.

08-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Verified Member

Battle - Okay, now I'm jealous. Michael Turner is a god. I love his work. I really, really want the transparent Fathom bust, but I can't afford it (and get the new DISH receiver I've been wanting).

Tekken, I agree, but I don't have the display space at the moment. I've collected too much is the bottom line. :&gt;
  08-14-2005, 02:54 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
yeah, it's ashamed he's having to face his ordeal of having bone cancer, yes, his artwork does rock, noone can even come close to his style of drawing beautiful women the way he does, if he has given anything to the comic community its his style which is so awesome. Just picked up the Wizard Hardcover Michael Turner Millennium Edition Special the other day.