Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Check this out...

Name:  smallest_car-thumb-550x251-18094.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  40.7 KB

Quote:
Small cars are one of the solutions to our energy problems, but this guy's gone too far. Thanks to 47-year-old Terry Watkins of the U.K., you're now looking at the world's smallest car, an absurd 39 inches tall, 26 inches wide and 51 inches long (that's almost half the size of the current world record holder), and powered by an engine normally seen on lawn mowers.

The chassis started out as a children's toy car, and after Watkins bolted on working headlights and tail lights, windshield wipers, turn signals and a horn, he was allowed to tack on a license plate and make it fully street legal. Now, you might see him scooting around the streets of Staffordshire in this little crazy car at speeds of up to 40mph.

Never mind what would happen to you if this puny vehicle got into an accident — it gets 70 miles per gallon! Want to see how he built it? Take a look at this video:
"Reload page to view video."

originally from http://dvice.com/archives/2009/05/british-guy-bui.php