Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-14-2009, 06:01 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I have a plant that is called "Hens and Chicks". I am not sure of the name origin, but the plant grows long vine-like stalks and opens with a spiderlike web.
This year one of them is really growing well and more so resembles a martian with antennae coming out of his head

I then took notice that the way this plant is growing reminded me of something I have seen a long time ago

Hence I took out some old toys and made this diorama for you:

Day of the Triffids vs the Mobile action Command (commandos from matchbox). The background was from an image I found online that was taken by Jef Maion

I then had to re-create this diorama for a special 3d version below it--enjoy
the 3d one is red lens left and sit back about 3 feet. Give your eyes a second or two to adjust to the picture and you will see it came out very nice

06-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
This is one of the coolest posts I've seen on this forum to date.

Now I feel I must do something cool with my toys, too.
  06-15-2009, 10:41 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 167 posts since Jun 2005
Very well done!
That brings back memories.....a backyard sandbox, battles, using toys as toys.
From your stomach..... the backyard is a jungle of a forest.
Thank you.
  06-15-2009, 11:14 PM

Verified Member

you're welcome. It so reminds me of the many Christmas catalogs from the 70's and early 80's. The toys used are al from roughly 1974 or 75

glad you enjoyed the picture.
I might make a photo comic starring the Mac team fighting against giant ants and other insects. Keeping it all real with the "played serious" 1970's style\

I hope you guys were able to view the 3d version, you would have really been blown away then
  06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
One of the things I love about the BVTSFigs forum is the fan fiction told through action figures section. Can't remember what it's called, but it's really cool. Of course, a lot of the action figures used aren't commercially availble, but customs that people have done themselves. I love stuff like this - more please?
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-22-2009, 11:41 PM

Verified Member

never heard of BVTSFigs forum? Do you have a link?