09-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Verified Member
Location: Virginia, MN, USA.
Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Status: Verified Member
Thanks: 0 times in 0 posts
I remember the old adapters they are still sold in Radio Shacks. I was wondering if anyone here could modify one for me to be a connector similar to todays modern systems etc?? i seem to remember one or two on ebay ages ago that someone removed the prongs and replaced it with audio/video cables or the type connectors that PS2 etc use. Can anyone help??

Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
Reply With Quote
  09-23-2005, 04:02 PM
lordsmurf's Avatar
Site Staff – Forum Moderator
Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Location: The Smurfs Village
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Status: Moderator
Thanks: 130 times in 115 posts
There are sites online that teach you how to build these.
The LS Collection:. My Cartoon and TV Show List | My Want List | My Future Projects
Reply With Quote
  09-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Verified Member
Location: New Cuyama, CA USA
Stats: 283 posts since Jun 2005
Status: Verified Member
Thanks: 0 times in 0 posts
Go to radio shack and get the female rca adapter to Male RF. if you want separate audio and video cables its a pain or at least it was for me. I tried it and I ended up with a non working unit.
Reply With Quote
  09-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Verified Member
Location: Planet Vegeta, Namibia
Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Status: Verified Member
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm currently making one for my Collecovision which as an Atari Adapter for it. The cable has long been lost, so I just purchased a an adapter to make it a regular coax connection. I'm then going to connect it to a tranfer block before going into the LCD TV. On that old of system and graphics, you won't lose anything and there really isn't a whole lot to gain by seperating the two signals (unless you want to specifically plug it in to rca plugs). The transfer block or whatever you want to call it will split the signals for you to plug into the tv. They go coax to RCA or S-video or whatever you determine you want to buy.
Reply With Quote
Thread Tools
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USB to HDMI adapter - useful in reverse? kctexan Record TV: Video Tech Support 3 04-19-2010 03:06 PM
Comcast Digital Adapter MagnificentMarcus Record TV: Video Tech Support 1 05-08-2009 07:51 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:02 PM  —  vBulletin Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Contact Us   -   Top of Page   -   Site Home   -   Forum Home   -   Archive   -   Forum Policies