09-23-2005, 03:56 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I remember the old adapters they are still sold in Radio Shacks. I was wondering if anyone here could modify one for me to be a connector similar to todays modern systems etc?? i seem to remember one or two on ebay ages ago that someone removed the prongs and replaced it with audio/video cables or the type connectors that PS2 etc use. Can anyone help??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  09-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
There are sites online that teach you how to build these.
  09-23-2005, 04:40 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 283 posts since Jun 2005
Go to radio shack and get the female rca adapter to Male RF. if you want separate audio and video cables its a pain or at least it was for me. I tried it and I ended up with a non working unit.
  09-26-2005, 06:11 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I'm currently making one for my Collecovision which as an Atari Adapter for it. The cable has long been lost, so I just purchased a an adapter to make it a regular coax connection. I'm then going to connect it to a tranfer block before going into the LCD TV. On that old of system and graphics, you won't lose anything and there really isn't a whole lot to gain by seperating the two signals (unless you want to specifically plug it in to rca plugs). The transfer block or whatever you want to call it will split the signals for you to plug into the tv. They go coax to RCA or S-video or whatever you determine you want to buy.