11-24-2005, 11:03 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Okay, look at this bullcrap!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/y169/o...t=DSCN4313.jpg

I have ordered 3 of these, and this one was going to be a gift by Nov. 29th. Alright, so I emailed meritline... As below, read bottom to top.

Dear Adam,
Thanks for your reply.
You know, we always can refund or replace or give the instore credit to customer only after receiving the original product back firstly and we don't afford the return shipping fee, which you can check our return policy if necessary.
But considering to the return shipping fee and your further business with us, I can give you instore credit $5 without any return as compensation, which you can use to your next order with us and that's I can do best for you in my authority.
Pls email back to confirm that.
Thank you very much for your understanding!

If we may be of further assistant, pls feel free to email back.

Best Regards,
Fiona
Customer Service Representative
return@meritline.com
www.Meritline.com
Meritline.com: Huge selections of DVD/CD Media, Ink, Memory, Bags, etc.

**Please include all prior email correspondence in your reply so that we may better serve you and provide you with a more timely response.

----- Original Message -----
To: return/meritline
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: Inquiring *** order meritline-804777

I still need the dvd case and all by the end of the month... So due to shipping times, I won't have it back in time and ready to get the dvds in... I'll just use my other sleeves from my previous order, till I can get something to replace mine... Anyways, If you can just apply store credit, then i'll make another order soon. Thanks for your time...

Happy Thanksgiving!

-Adam

To: yourhomieboy@gmail.com
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 4:02 AM
Subject: Re: Inquiring *** order meritline-804777

Dear Adam,

I am very sorry for the problem you encountered with our products. We will refund or replace to you, but before I issue you a RMA# for order 804777, would you please tell me do you want an in-store credit, which can be used to your next new order with us?

Thank you very much.

If we may be of further assistant, pls feel free to email back.

Best Regards,
Fiona
Customer Service Representative
return@meritline.com
www.Meritline.com
Meritline.com: Huge selections of DVD/CD Media, Ink, Memory, Bags, etc.

**Please include all prior email correspondence in your reply so that we may better serve you and provide you with a more timely response.

To: return
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 4:34 PM
Subject: Fw: Inquiring *** order meritline-804777

To: order@meritline.com
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:43 AM
Subject: Inquiring *** order meritline-804777

Hello!

I just recieved my order today... it was : 1000 CDs/DVDs Capacity 180-067-001-fs 1 99.99

I opened it up, and the white sleeves were scattered everywhere! I've ordered 3 others just like this, but the cd/dvd sleeves were in bags in numerical order... Well, these are scattered everywhere, and also some of them are broken (the hangers on them) I am not satisfied with this order at all... For one, it was a birthday gift for a friends dvd collection, on Nov 29th, and now the hangers are all broken and all out of order. I'd like a resolution for this situation please!

Thx -Adam

****ATTACHED is a picture*****
  11-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I fail to see what the problem is.

(1) Stuff happens. The item was damaged in transit (maybe even in the warehouse before it was sent, yet went undetected). I doubt it was intentional or careless.

(2) Returning defective merchandise is on your dime. A store you drive to does not refund your gas costs to go make the refund. A lot of people don't understand this. Some stores are nice about covering return shipping, but that's a rarity (sort of like 200% refunds).

(3) Don't wait to the last minute to buy gifts, especially using an online service. Shipping can be imperfect.

I don't want to come off preachy, but that's how it goes.

Sorry it happened to you.

11-24-2005, 12:58 PM

The last 3 i've ordered, the sleeves were placed in about 4 differ bags, not scattered like that. Anyways, I think it's bullcrap, and that i'm going to buy something, I don't expect it to be ****ed up. Also, I don't make a special trip to return something. I'll take it back when I'm going there anyways... I don't plan on shipping anything back to them. So as is, I still think its bullcrap
  11-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, not too long ago i had a problem with them as well. bought some printer ink that wasn't as described. so i wanted to return it. it was a hassle to return, but i finally got it returned. took about a week or so and several emails etc. they are a hassle to deal with on returns etc. harder to deal with than any other online company i have dealt with. just my 2 cents. happy holidays. thanks
  11-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I had problems with them as well. Hence, why I switched to supermediastore.com
  11-25-2005, 10:57 AM

Yup, I ordered some dvd-rs from supermediastore.. so ill prob stick with them from now on