Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

06-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
It never fails no matter how hard I try not to get scared.
I always get some sort of rush when I'm exiting through the doors at Best Buy hoping the alarm doesn't go off.

Just thought I'd mention that.
  06-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
LMAO! You sound like my sister. EXcept she's a natural blonde lol
  06-08-2006, 12:26 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I ignore that alarm no matter what store I'm in. It pisses me off. I paid for my stuff, so screw them. I just keep walking, and noboday has EVER stopped me. If they do stop me, I would lay into them and immediately ask for a manager. That is bogus.
  06-08-2006, 01:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
Ha ha. I'm the same as you man. I guess it touches on my early years as a klepto and always worried about sounding off the alarms each time I exit a store (for the record: i've never been caught - knock on wood).

But yeah, I notice myself kinda walking funny each time I pass through Bestbuy's, or Targets, or Walmart's doors.

06-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
In Dallas, stores like Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Fry's Electronics want to check your receipt before you leave out the door ... and the checkout line exits are all like 10 steps away from the door, especially Best Buy and Fry's. You literally walk out of a separate exit as a paying customer, than would somebody who browsed and bought nothing.

People wait in line to check out, then wait again in line to have a highlighter smeared all over the ticket, and the person barely looks anyway?

Forget that.

I walk around them, not doing that stupid mess. I'm a patient person, but I refuse to waste time on foolish things like this. Once in every 10 times, a person runs over real quick or I get chased outside.

06-08-2006, 02:33 PM

Verified Member

The security people checking your receipt and whether or not it matches what you have in your bag/cart vs the receipt is a joke. Especially when there are tons of items. They can't visually inspect all of that.

I know, I used to do security at BestBuy so many years ago. Then again, maybe I was the only security person who didn't give a hoot.
  06-08-2006, 04:55 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
heres one for you:
last summer at best buy I bought a few items. The security guy (who looked/ acted more of an ex-military something) checked my receipt and noticed the juice I had was not rung up with the rest of my transaction (90 plus dollars). He tells me it was not paid for and I look at him and I pretty much acted like "you are wasting my time for a 1.25$ item of juice, while my receipt shows I just spent close to 100 dollars, yeah I planned to steal the 1.25 juice".
At anyrate he let this go as I told him I had it on the counter and had no clue it was not paid for. He then asked which cashier made the sale and I pointed to the girl. The fact that I pointed to a girl and the way he reacted to it right after that made me realize that this guy truly hates women. He reminded me of someone who likes to beat up his wife or girls in general. A male control freak. So He tells me to go and then storms off to give her a "what for".
The best part after the whole ordeal, the idiot did not notice that she also forgot to ring up a 20$ dvd I had in my bag as well. He sat there and counted my items and then read the receipt and somehow missed this, yet he probably fired this poor girl for giving me a free juice and I got away with a free dvd that he should have noticed.
  06-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
LOL At least you got something out of that mess lol

I tend to crack sales clerks up with "No price must be free ! " I walk away. They laugh but I m still walking lol I got as far as the door came back to the counter. "Better make sure things has a price tag, If it's not marked. That tells the customer it is a free item." lol Of course this at a local dollar store. Walmart, Circuit City has no sense of humor lol I get Hey hey you have to pay for that.. Gee I thought it was free lol

Kmart clerks are a riot. They say take the entire stock w/you . No one shops here much anymore anyways lol We get paid to stand here lol
I d rather shop where people are pleasant and can take a joke. Instead of a place where they

look at you side ways for entering the building.

One of these days my humor will get me some trouble lol
Oh well, you live till you die lol
  06-10-2006, 01:22 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
IT BOTHERS ME THE MOST AT WALMART- THEY CAN'T STOP YOU - THEY ARE NOTALLOWED TO BY WALMART, BEST BUY OR TARGET - I MEAN PHYSICALLY DETAIN YOU - THEY CAN STEP IN FRONT OF YOU BUT THEY CANNOT GRAB YOU OR YOUR STUFF. ONLY PLAIN CLOTHES PEOPLE AND (AT WALMART AND BEST BUY) MANAGERS ARE GIVEN THAT AUTHORITY BY THE COMPANY. TOO MUCH LIABILITY IN ALLOWING THEM TO DETAIN PEOPLE - SO NO MATTER WHAT I JUST WALK RIGHT PAST THEM - ONE TIME A GUY FOLLOWED ME OUT THE DOORS AND I JUST KEPT WALKING - HE WAS RUNNING HIS MOUTH ABOUT NEEDING TO SEE MY RECEIPT AS I WALKED OFF IGNORING HIM - THE BEST PART WAS AS I KEPT WALKING HE YELLS TO ME 'DO YOU WANT ME TO GET A MANAGER FOR YOU TO TALK TO?' - **** dude - if i wasn't going to stop for you I aM CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO WAIT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE WHO YOU HAVE TO GO FIND - IT IS A SPORT NOW TRYING TO GET THEM TO ASK FOR MY RECEIPT - I OFTEN WILL ACT LIKE A LIFTER - DO THINGS LIKE HANG OUT NEAR THE DOORS (IF I HAVE MADE A PURCHASE IN ELECTRONICS) OR WALK TOWARDS THE DOOR AND THEN STOP AND THEN START AGAIN - THEY GET ALL SUSPICIOUS AND THEN YOU WALK PAST THEM - ****S THEM ALL UP BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE FIRED STRAIGHT UP IF THEY LAID A HAND ON YOU. THE ONLY ONES I STOP FOR ARE SAM'S CLUB - BECASUE IT IS NOT A PUBLIC ESTABLISHMENT - YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A MEMBER YOU HAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES
  06-11-2006, 03:00 PM

Verified Member

having problems with the "caps" button there, capp? Oh wait...
  06-21-2006, 10:00 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
i was born without pinky fingers so it is tough for me to switch back and forth - so you either get all cvaps or all lowercase :-)