07-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Are there any 2005-2006 Doctor Who toys? Keychains would be great, or miniature statues. TARDIS, Daleks, Cybermen, etc?

I don't know where to look for such things.

07-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Character Options has the license for action figures, and they're really quite nice. A new wave is about to be released, and some of the figures from the first wave are getting hard to find. One place you CAN'T buy Doctor Who toys from is Amazon.co.uk - they can't export them to the US. You can, however, pre-order their exclusive 1st David Tennant season set with the authentic Cyberman head case. Curiously enough, the Cybermen have always been my favorite DW villain, and I have many Cyberman toys, posters and t-shirts collected over the past 30 years. But this new one creeps me out, so I won't be ordering that exclusive boxed set.

I ended up going the eBay route for the first wave figures I wanted. But you can use the links page at the Doctor Who News page at Gallifrey One to start looking:

http://www.gallifreyone.com/links.php

Or the Character Options page - this one links their current Doctor Who line. They aren't the only license holder for Doctor Who, though, just the toys:

http://www.character-online.com/xq/A.../item_list.htm

There is a set of Corgi miniatures that spans the entire Doctor Who series out now, haven't seen miniatures specific to the new series. But there are a number of toys, mugs and such.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-09-2006, 09:25 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
A Corgi line from the new series sounds perfect. I'm not so big on the people, but rather the "monsters" and technology. A TARDIS miniature, and then a Dalek and Cybermen action figure would be perfect.

I'm the same way with Star Wars. I don't have any Luke or Leia toys, but I have C3PO, Chewie, Yoda, R2D2, Darth Vader, etc. The non-human elements appeal to me as toys.