Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

08-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I really despise Target.
- the store has no price match policy
- returning items is often a nightmare, and they lie to you
- they often have very limited stock, or none at all
- the store registers often ring up the wrong prices

It's sad that people have to be jerks just to not be taken advantage of, lied to, and bilked by companies.

Tonight I went and bought Beavis & Butthead volume 3. The store ad said there was a bonus inside the pack. Their words. I get home, there is no bonus. I start to read user forums at dvdtalk.com and others, nobody else can find the bonus either.

Apparently, there is no bonus. No employees or buyers have seen it.

I go to the store and tell the return desk lady that their ad lied to me, it was decpetive advertising, and they thereby sold me an incomplete item. I either want them to find me one that is complete as per the ad, or give me my money back, and I'll take my business elsewhere.

She could not find it. The electronics girl could not find it. The stock boy could not find it. The store manager could not find it. More than 50 B&B sets and none of them (ON OPENING SALES DAY!) had it.

Okay, fine. Give me a refund.

She proceeds to tell me I opened it, so it cannot be returned. I get irritated. Those rules were made to prevent people from watching a movie or copying a movie and returning it. That rule assumes those people were sold good merchandise. Mine is defective, it is incomplete, and they have no replacements.

Then she tells me it's "against copyright law". Okay, now I get pissed. That is a flat lie, and I tell her point blank not to feed me bullpuckey (but with the meaner word). I'm not stupid. I dare her to find that in any of the federal copyright acts dating back 200 years. She clearly has no idea to what I am referring. Figures.

I get loud, I get angry, I turned into Captain A-Hole. I make a scene. It's so sad. In order to not get screwed over by Target, I have to make a scene.

Finally the manager decides to give me a refund. Probably just to make me go away.

I tell them, should they wish to not repeat this incident with somebody else (and I have NO DOUBT there will be somebody else before the week is up), they should take down their "with bonus" signs, or at very least add some sort of retraction sign warning buyers. of course, they won't. I could tell I was talking to the counter.

So sad.

Target sucks. This is probably the 3rd bad experience I've had with them in the past 8 months. No more. I'm done.

Tomorrow, I'll go somewhere else to buy it. This time I'll probably get no bonus either. But at least it will come from a store that does not lie to me.

08-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
We have had bad experiences with them as well. When we got married we got a lot of duplicate items and there is only 1 Target in all of Ames so we took the stuff back WITH the gift receipts and the chick has the nerve to tell us we are BRINGING BACK TOO MUCH STUFF FOR ONE DAY...I said WTF are you talking about you are just going to give us a gift card so ring it up and validate the receipts if needed....she argues with me and we have to get the manager involved.

They of course give us this BS line that "this time" they will allow it...WTF AGAIN YOU ARE GIVING ME A GIFT CARD!!! WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF IT RETURN IT ALL IN ONE DAY OR OVER THE SPAN OF A WEEK IF I HAVE THE GIFT RECEIPTS AND ITS ALL UNOPENED!!!

Needless to say we tore the manager a new *** and we got out gift card but we swore never to register there again and tell anyone who would listen to avoid them like a plague.

We only go there now because they tend to get the newest toys for my wife (My Little Pony) before anyone else and sometimes they have blowout DVD sales like Best Buy so you can get things like Dawsons Creek for $14 vs $48
  08-01-2006, 09:07 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
It sems as though once they get their money from you they dont want to give it back regaurdless of the circumstances, hence the gift cards to keep you coming back. Aren't they owned by the French, if so what else would you expect from the French, lol.

I worked for Target for 2 weeks and quit, I told them I would not be back, they asked why, I proceeded to tell them that they couldn't get their stuff straight between managers and they couldn't all get on the same page together and it pissed them off.
  08-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
My Mom has worked at Target for 19 years.
  08-02-2006, 02:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Why do you think there symbol is a "bulls-eye"......
  08-03-2006, 06:33 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 87 posts since Jun 2006
ha ha. zero-in on the unwary consumer. I don't like them either, yet my girl and I go there about 3 to 4 times a week. We've never had to do any returns, but when they do have a good sale, it's really something you'll need to jump on as they're really low.

sorry to hear 'bout your experience LS!
  08-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Last Year, Target was in our paper for "evicting a salvation army colelctor" from their storefront.

They said they would not toldearte "beggers and peddlers"

That was the last time I went.
  08-22-2006, 04:16 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Here check this out for Beavis and Butthead...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6319
  05-15-2010, 06:13 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I agree with you completly. I HATE targrt, and I will never go there again. I will go Walmart or Kmart first.