Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

08-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
So I was mailing packages last week to international members and I observed them printing a second barcode sticker. I asked and due to the volume of reports of "lost" or "misrouted mail" certain countries are getting a 2nd barcode so the computers that route after the "human" sorters will notify the USPS if something from another country is in the wrong area. Not all countries get the second barcode but the computer has a specific list of the most "misrouted countries" such as Canada, UK, and Australia (shock I am sure to those of us have lost too much money shipping to them)

Sooooo I thought to myself "whatever" and shipped my packages, well low and behold check out the shipping times

To Canada- 3 to 4 days
To UK- 2-3 days
To the Netherlands (I crap you not) - 2 days (I was shocked myself as we took it Sat at 11:45am and they got it Tues morning and left ebay feedback!)

So maybe after almost 2 years of people like me ****ing and moaning for the USPS to do SOMETHING to make International shipping more reliable given the $$$$$ they charge its finally working somewhat.