Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

11-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
I just recently picked up 3 packs of Dynex media from best buy. I was at first afraid it was going to be junk media. but to my suprize after testing them they are infact first class media with the code being

Mcc004

They only cost 8.99 if anyone needs them

11-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Just be aware that these could potentially be the B-graded Verbatim that are sold in the UK under the no-name DataWrite brand too. Then again, it might be overproduction. Mitsubishi has changed some things around with their ramped multi-facility production.

Bad MCC media tends to have odd discolorations in the dye layer after being written, so turn them upside down and look for anything odd. Test about 5 of them too, see what the results are in a speed read test or a surface scan, using Nero CD-DVD Speed.

But it sounds like a good buy.

12-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 130 posts since Jul 2007
LS right more often than not they have bad dye. I wouldnt use them.