Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

09-13-2005, 05:25 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Anybody planning on watching this tonight? I'm undecided...looks like WB is trying to get a couple of new pretty-boys on the map to me. I must admit, that the special effects look pretty decent from the trailer I saw. I will at least give it the pilot episode before deciding to watch it this season...or not!
  09-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I"ve heard that it's pretty good. Actually, most of the "supernatural" or sci-fi shows this season are getting good initial reviews. Just depends on which ones people actually watch.
  09-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Definitely planning on recording it. I want to compare it to the review disc I got earlier in the summer, too. I believe it's being repeated on Thursday as well.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-13-2005, 11:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Sitting here watching it as I type. This show looks like its going to be AWESOME.
  09-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Verified Member

This is one of those nights when I love DISHNetwork - I have WB stations in 3 time zones, so I can record Bones and House on Fox, and Gilmore Girls and Supernatural later tonight on the WB. I just have to figure out how I'm also going to record NCIS starting next week ... too much good stuff this year!
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I forgot. Oops.
Thursday re-run, eh?
  09-13-2005, 12:05 PM

Verified Member

Well, what did you guys think of it?
  09-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Verified Member

Haven't watched the final pilot yet - the unaired version (which may well be identical) scared the crap out of me. Actually nice to see Jared Padalecki playing something other than Dean on Gilmore Girls.

Supernatural pilot repeats on Thursday night following Smallville. 9 p.m. EST, 8 p.m. CST.
  09-14-2005, 05:56 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I loved it. Definately a must see show.

Now to throw in Bones and House MD Season Two Episode One

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  09-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Verified Member

Ack. My DVR cut out a couple of minutes before the end, so I'll have to graft it together with Thursday's broadcast, which will run 5 minutes shorter. I read a review by Josh Hadley on Usenet that the music was different, and some dialogue differences, too.

Brent, I sent you an e-mail earlier this week for your mailing address so I can send you the discs I owe you for the Young Indy discs. Please send me your mailing address - I have almost all your discs done, really just need to copy the unaired version of the Supernatural pilot.
  09-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Verified Member

I like Bones. It's interesting to see Boreanaz in the daylight, more so now that I've learned our local weather guy is Boreanaz's father. :> Anyway, the Scully/Mulder vibe is intentional.

Surface is interesting, although I kind of like the original title, Fathom, better. Of course, I was hoping at first Fathom would be a television version of the Michael Turner comic ... :>

Ghost Whisperer has been getting decent reviews. I figure I'm recording the rest of the Friday night block on CBS already (Threshold and Numb3rs), so I might as well grab that one as well.

Pilots are one thing - it's how the show sustains over several weeks that will tell the tale.
  09-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Bones has scored some super ratings so much like House I think FOX is having that as a keeper especially since with FOX you are either a winner or looser, not much time to prove yourself

I am loving Supernatural and the good news is now with it coming in only 2nd behind WB's ratings owner Gilmore Girls its bound to get renewed, especially in light of some of WB's shows like the new Don Johsnon show being so lowly rated (I hated the 1st episode of that show so I wont miss it)
  09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

After last season's Jack and Bobby, I don't trust anything with the WB. They renewed that in the fall for this season - the first early renewal - and then dumped it in the spring.

Finally read a rewiew on Ghost Whisperer that suggests it might be the first to be cancelled. Which kind of jives with the Futon Critic's early review.
  09-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Jack and Bobby seems to be the exception to the rule, it was very much the Arrested Development of the WB network and its cancellation I think is still questioned to this day by many in entertainment as an odd cancellation given everything else the network runs (I mean they renewed other shows with less ratings), but with WB dumping the frog and very much trying to distance themselves from the soap opear esque reputation Dawsons Creek, Buffy, Felicity, and shows like One Tree Hill have given them I can see Supernatural renewed if for other reason to show their shift towards more shows like smallville that can appeal to both sexes
  09-21-2005, 11:55 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I REALLY like Supernatural. The Wendigo episode was very good.Its the only new show I thought was worth checking out anyway! Hell, Smallville is more Dawsons Creek than Dawsons Creek was! I stopped watching that crap a season and a half ago. It was really getting tiresome with the Clark/Lana thing--I mean, we know it doesnt pan out, so why bother? Thats the kind of crap the WB should be cancelling...oh, I forgot there are a few teenagers who might still watch it.
  09-27-2005, 04:43 AM

Verified Member

Surface and Threshold are really good too, unlike some of the other sci fi thrillers you never get to see the adversary. I look forward to them each night they're on. Brent Spiner is great on Threshold. Not to mention Lake Bell on Surface, man she's HOT!!! Even Battlestar Galactica's season finale was great, can't wait for next season's premier. Just wondering who noticed that Admiral Cain was actually Ro Laren from Star Trek: TNG? Also Pegasus's CAG officer was the guy that played Caid Foster from First Wave.
  09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I noticed the actress right away.
  09-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Verified Member

Pegasus's CAG was played by John Pyper Ferguson - Pete of Brisco County. Sebastian Spence (Caid Foster) was his lieutenant.

I love Threshold. This new season has had a lot more stuff I really like than in previous years. Plus I got to keep a lot of my favorites. This is why I need to buy another DVD recorder ... :>
  09-28-2005, 03:41 PM

Verified Member

Supernatural's 'Dead in the Water' episode guest starred Amy Acker, Fred/Illyria from Angel, she looks great after having her baby. I'm an Amy Acker fan. She's also the voice of the Huntress on Justice League Unlimited. Supernatural is a great show as well as the others I mentioned in an earlier post. I like the chemistry between the two brothers and I love the car, kind of reminds me of the car from the movie, 'The Car', starring James Broley.

Also just noticed that the guy that played Jake Sisko on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine plays the intern at the news station on Invasion.
  09-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Verified Member

I didn't notice that! I love Cirroc Lofton.

Amy Acker was in a pilot that wasn't picked up this season, too. I'm glad to see she's working - I enjoy her work. I understand from one of the gossip sites (Ask Ausiello, maybe?) that Amy's expressed interest in working in an Angel spinoff that Joss Whedon's tossing around. It's very much in the "wouldn't it be cool?" stages.

Have you seen the prototypes for the Fred and Illyria action figures? Way cool!