02-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 96 posts since Feb 2013
Quote:
The Wonder Years - StarVista/Time-Life Press Release Announces 'The Complete Series' on DVD!

Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song! Available in the second half of 2014, the studio 'is painstakingly securing the rights for virtually every song' in the show!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Won...#ixzz2t2Jqqz2R

Quote:
As it did for China Beach, StarVista Entertainment/Time Life is painstakingly securing the rights for virtually every song in The Wonder Years. From Cocker's theme song, to hundreds of other memorable and classic soul, rock and pop songs, including classics from The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Smokey Robinson, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison and many others, StarVista /Time Life recognizes the necessity to release the series as it was initially broadcast, un-edited and untouched from original broadcast masters.
  02-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
Figures.

Not long ago I'd gotten a really good homemade set, since it was unreleased. So that's what I've been watching.

I wonder if the whole set will be uncut like it was on TV. A lot of older 80s shows are butchered before they make it to DVD releases. The syndication is fine, however. We'll see! I almost always like to get uncut releases to replace homemade sets.

It's crappy how so many older shows have right issues.
  03-17-2014, 07:03 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 35 posts since Jan 2012
The syndicated airings actually have about 2-3 minutes cut. The original length for the pilot is 24:40, for example. They all vary but there were only a few episodes less than 23 minutes long.