Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-18-2005, 03:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
All three shows premiere their new seasons, following a special Inside SciFi Friday at 7 p.m. EST.

Battlestar Galactica S2
Stargate Atlantis S2
Stargate SG-1 S9
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-20-2005, 06:39 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Wow I totally missed Season one of BSG as well as Atlantis. Plus I barely ever watched SG-! how are the DVD releases on that??

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  07-15-2005, 05:39 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE! STARGATE!

Woo hoo!

Don't miss it!
  07-15-2005, 05:47 AM
Verified Member

Season 8 of Stargate SG-1 was announced today, I think. I'll put a link from TVShowsonDVD tonight. I have not seen an announcement on Stargate Atlantis season 1, but I'd be surprised if it's too far off. Once MGM (although now it's Sony) got started with season releases on SG-1, they caught up pretty quickly.

At 7 p.m. EST, SciFi will be re-airing SciFi Inside, so if you missed it on Monday, or need a primer on the three shows, you should check it out.

And forgive LS - the female eye candy on Stargate just got ramped up with the addition of Claudia (Aeryn on Farscape) Black. Amanda Tapping will not be in the first few episodes of the season, I believe, because she had her baby around the time shooting began (March-ish). Plus it's just good fun. This would be a good time to start watching SG-1, since they're going through some cast changes and they'll be getting a new villain this season. It's definitely a show you can join in progress.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-15-2005, 09:12 AM

Eye candy? pfft..
I like to watch them blow stuff up!
  07-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Verified Member

You must have enjoyed Stargate Atlantis, then. :>

I like the new characters, but I couldn't help feeling the dogfight scenes were just what they were, grafted onto an existing story. Ditto the scenes with Richard Dean Anderson. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new team develops - I like the fact they got off to a rocky start. I just wish we knew more about why O'Neill left and the team broke up.
  07-16-2005, 10:30 AM

RDA scene, the dogfights, the Carter visi-phone scene, the new guy ... it all felt really forced... Like the line said "trying to put the band back together again".