Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

04-06-2006, 04:00 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 7 posts since Sep 2005
Hello,

As odd as it might be for these forums, I actually don't watch much TV (other than a lot of sports). Last summer, a friend introduced me to 24. I just recently finished watching Lost (up to the current episode). Are there other series out there like these, where the episodes are more like one long movie, as opposed to individual stories?
  04-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Star Trek Enterprise was like this. Almost the entire show (especially the 2nd and 3rd season) were serialized. You DO NOT need to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy this show.

04-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
i think it all started with a series called "murder one".
one big long trial with all sorts happening.
stone me i can't watch these. columbo would have sorted it in an hour!

is it true that the makers of "murder one" felt that viewers couldn't hack such series like this?