Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

04-19-2006, 05:38 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Taken from AdultSwim.com:

Adult Swim has done it again! Following hot on the heels of Fox's Family Guy, Saved By The Bell has been pulled from cancellation with an order for 30 all new episodes taking place at Bayside High.

"We were ecstatic when we saw the early numbers on Saved By the Bell on Adult Swim," said Matt Laster, the VP of Turner Entertainment's newly created 80's Reclamation Department. "We knew this had the potential to be big, but we never thought it would be this big. The fans have really shown their support and come out in droves on the adultswim.com website."

According to Laster, the new series is still in development but he did say that almost all of the original cast would be returning, minus "Showgirls" star Elizabeth Berkley. The series will follow the events after Saved By the Bell: The New Class and find Screech as the new principal of Bayside and a retired Mr. Belding as the proprietor of the Max, the hangout that the Saved By the Bell gang frequented. Screech is overwhelmed by the new group of students and puts out a call for help, and soon, all of the old regulars are back at Bayside. Laster would not elaborate on the status of Zack and Kelly's relationship, though the couple were last seen walking down the aisle.

"I've spoken to the crew and they really can't wait to get back together," said Laster. "We think this will be a fun and exciting new direction for Adult Swim and we can't wait to find even more great 80's comedies for Adult Swim."
  04-19-2006, 06:16 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
OMG I never thought they'd bring another SBTB series out, but I guess they are. I must admit I did like and watch the show back in the 90's, but that was then, the college years wasn't bad either, but maybe the shows' time has passed? Kids today seem to be more into what's on the WB and reality T.V. to even think of watching a sitcom. I'll probably watch an episode of the upcoming series simply out of curiousity if nothing else.
  04-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Thats just wrong.
  04-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
I always hated, hated, hated this show
  04-19-2006, 03:22 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
I watch it for the one hot chick on there, im sure u know whooooooo
  04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Elizabeth Berkley should return as the good girl gone stripper that dances at the local club where the gang (males only) get together after a hard day's work.
  04-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Robot

I always hated, hated, hated this show
Me too.