Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

12-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
As if this was a shock:

News that Fox is releasing WKRP in Cincinnati is making the rounds thanks to a flyer that can be found inside the upcoming release of Stacked. The studio has been working on the set for quite awhile, spending most of their time looking at the songs used in the series. As you've probably guessed, there will be music substitutions when the set comes out, but the studio has been spending a lot of time with a music supervisor to ensure that the replaced songs fit the show. Hugh Wilson, creator of the series, has heard some of the replaced music and thought Fox did a good job.

This series was one that Fox reps said would "never" be released on DVD because of the music, but Fox is currently looking at April, 2007 for the first season set. Hopefully fans will keep an open mind and consider purchasing this set even with some of the music being replaced. We'll have more info when the set is officially announced
  12-11-2006, 12:23 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
sad really, knowing that the original music is not going to be there kinds takes something away from it.

Ever since I have had my set with the original music, I have refused to watch it on Nick or TVLand...it's just not the same.
  12-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Doesn't surprise me.