Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

03-06-2007, 04:53 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
The 4 yr saga that was "The Pretender" finally concludes with the 3-20-07 release of "The Pretender: 2001" and "The Pretender: Island of The Haunted" T.V. movies on DVD. For more info. on this dvd release go here:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6682

03-06-2007, 08:55 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
Bummer I was hoping they were finally going to resolve this series, but it's just the two movies that they had on TNT.
  03-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Verified Member

I think that any further movies were contingent on "The Island of The Haunted" doing well ratings-wise, unfortunatelly, it didn't live up to TNT's expectations and any further movies were cancelled. Sad, because I also wanted the producers to tie up all the loose ends with a 3 hr direct to dvd release (at least), but we're dreamng there bro.
  03-07-2007, 04:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I watched this show from day one on NBC when they aired this thing with The Profiler and The Others and whatever else they paired it with. After the series finale you'd think with two tv movies they could have resolved everything. About as disappointing as wasting six years of watching Dawson's Creek with Joey ending up with Pacey. lol
  03-07-2007, 04:39 AM

Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WEW3

About as disappointing as wasting six years of watching Dawson's Creek with Joey ending up with Pacey. lol
That sir, is true...I also wanted Joey to end up with Dawson...LOL