Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the writers strike has caused NBC's Vancouver-shot TV series "Bionic Woman" to shut down Nov. 9, well ahead of its scheduled Dec. 12 close. This would mean the network won't have enough episodes to fill out the season, as was expected.
  11-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Pay the writers. Cut back on actor salaries. Seems easy to me.
  11-18-2007, 10:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
what about everyone else that makes the show work?

The writers and actors/actresses are taking money out of everyone else's pockets. In reality they are no better than the studios.

They don't want paid....they want paid MORE and why should they be paid more than others that make the shows function?

The actors are paid higher salaries because they are what people want to see, they bring the show to life....want to make as much as an actor/actress? Become one.

By accepting the role of a writer, you accept everything that goes along with it....pay included, just like a cameraman or a grip. Don't like it? Do something else.

But don't screw others just because you want more than what you agreed to do the job for.

I hope that after this is all over, the little guys that do all the labor to make the shows work go on strike and screw the writers....we'll see if the Hollywood crowd is really supporting the little guys as much as they claim to or if they just like hoping on the band wagon.
  11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's about residuals from media not covered in the original contract, and the studios unwillinginess to even talk about it. The studios have a free ride on iTunes revenue, and then are obstinate to even discuss it.

I agree others should be paid more too, but writers really get low-balled as well.

"Do something else" (and other similar statements) ... in regards to ANYTHING ... is never an appropriate statement in my opinion. Many of us will fight for what we believe in, not give up and go away. That is a problem in the world for many things. This is why people leave other countries and overcrowd the USA, because they're too lilly-livered to fight dick-taters back home.