Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

12-03-2007, 07:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
Was wondering if anyone know when Doctor Who Season 4 & Torchwood Season 2 Starts airing in the UK?

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  12-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Doctor Who S4 starts Christmas day with the special, then resumes in April.
Torchwood is TBA sometime in early/mid 2008.
Sarah Jane Adventures are TBA in 2008.

12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Torchwood is slated to start its second season on BBCA on January 28, I think. Expect the BBC to start airing it around the same time, although a formal announcement on the exact date hasn't been made yet. The BBC has said it will return in January, though. Every so often, the US will air a BBC show in advance of the BBC, but the lag time is usually only a week or two.

Torchwood is shifting from the digital BBC3 to the more traditional, more widely viewed BBC2, which shows the faith that the BBC has in it. (Such a change from the late '80s when the Beeb couldn't bury Doctor Who fast enough!) John Barrowman is already claiming there'll be a season 3, which if the show performs on BBC2 as well as they're expecting, that may not be smoke.

I haven't watched the first season of Sarah Jane Adventures yet, but the reviews have been good. And supposedly, the K-9 CGI series is still a go.

Ah, it's good to be a Who fan in the 21st century ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  12-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 32 posts since Dec 2006
They aired a special episode in November exclusively for 'Children in Need'. It only lasts 8 minutes, but it links the end of the last season's episode to the upcoming Christmas special. It's also the first time that two doctors have shared the same timespace.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn_NDKNlUa8

12-03-2007, 11:35 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
I did read an interview with Eve Myles (Torchwood's Gwen Cooper) recently, where she said they finished up Season 2 and were getting ready to start working on Season 3. So it sounds like they have the green like, which is excellent news.
  12-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Verified Member

It's also going to be shown in two versions. An unedited adult version to shown at night, and an edited family friendly version to be shown on day time tv.
  12-04-2007, 11:53 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
jie3, is that only in the UK, or is BBC America doing the same?
  12-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
It'll probably be a year until the second season of Torchwood gets to the US. Usually about 6 months for Doctor Who.

No worries, I always get these right after they air.

ttyl
  12-05-2007, 06:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 28 posts since Jun 2005
I would like to say a few times in the past the Dr has shared adventures with hinmself in other incarnations.
  12-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
SciFi airs edited version, doesn't it?
The UK versions range from 45-55 minutes each on BBC.

The USA versions are probably just 40 minutes each.

This is one of the few things I download HD streams on, the day after it airs. I'm not waiting 6 months, and to get a butchered version at that.

I have a fairly complex hardware (not software) method to convert to DVD (NTSC), so I do it for my mother (and any traders who might want it). Quality is there.

12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
BBC American has already announced they will start season 2 of Torchwood January 28. And I think HDNet is probably not far behind, since I know they purchased both the first and second season when they bought the show. And as for SciFi, we're not that far behind the UK now - the third season ended in late spring, and SciFi started airing it a few weeks later.

I download files so I can watch, then upgrade to the Team Endo editions, which are really cool with lots of extras and easter eggs. Then I buy the retail version later.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  12-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Padre2

I did read an interview with Eve Myles (Torchwood's Gwen Cooper) recently, where she said they finished up Season 2 and were getting ready to start working on Season 3. So it sounds like they have the green like, which is excellent news.
That I don't know. It was just advertised that due to its popularity with families, it will air the normal uncut version at night, and then a family version, with all of the swearing and sex related material taken out, will air about 5pm the following day.

I don't know if BBC America will do the same.
  12-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
We live in America. Of course it will be butchered.