Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

12-05-2007, 10:40 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005

Good news for Rose Tyler fans: Billie Piper is back on Doctor Who for a three episode stint in now-filming season 4, according to BBC News and the official Who web site.

The Doctor Who news site Outpost Gallifrey originally reported the news, after forum members photographed Piper on set at the production's studios in Cardiff, Wales. A statement from the Who office would say only that Piper was indeed back on the show. "Anything you may read elsewhere about when, how or for how long Rose returns to Doctor Who should be treated as pure speculation at this point," the statement warned.

This news means that David Tennant's Tenth Doctor will have a superfluity of companions in season 4. In addition to season-long assistant Donna Noble (Catherine Tate), the former "runaway bride," it has already been announced that last year's assistant Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman), who switched over to Torchwood, will rejoin the Doctor partway through season 4 in time for his meeting up with the revamped Sontarans.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  12-05-2007, 01:37 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Billie Piper was in some UK show where she played a hooker. She was topless and was in bed with a man and another woman (another hooker). I saw it about a week ago. Very interesting. She honestly needs to leave her clothes on, it wasn't very flattering or impressive. I don't mean a quick flash either, but basically her chest was on screen the entire during of her screentime (5 minutes?)

Yes, yes, anybody who wants the clip, PM me. But you're not missing anything.

I didn't even know that's what it was until I was watching it. I just saw a link online somewhere that said "new Billie Piper" role, and it led to that video.

12-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I can't stand that annoying woman Catherine Tate. I was about sick when I heard about heard being the new companion. I thought I was rid of her for good after the terrible Run Away Bride special. I liked Martha but Rose was the best. Big mistake to get rid of Rose. BBC ordered a new show with Rose and her family fighting the Cybermen. They spent a ton of money putting it together and then BBC pulled it out from under them and decided not to go with it. Season 3 of Doctor Who only had a hand full of good episodes. Most if it was mediocre and best. It's a good move to bring back Rose for a bit.