Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

07-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I have the retail release of this from the UK, and I loved it - a blind buy that once I started watching, I couldn't stop. So I'm posting this to recommend the series if you get Showtime Too. It's been running on Showtime Family, which I don't get, but starting in August it will be on the Showtime Too schedule.

It's a British children's fantasy series, with some nicely done CG animation - the shoebox zoo is a magical zoo, four wizards who were trapped in the bodies of wooden toy animals as punishment for stealing a dangerously magical book from their mentor. The shoebox zoo will only come alive for the chosen one, and that's Marnie, who is forced to face her destiny when she's receives the shoebox zoo as a present on her 11th birthday.

Season two is coming in September on the BBC (and probably CBC shortly after?). Hmm, I need to set up a trade for that, as I'd rather not have to wait for the commercial release to see what happens next ... :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  07-20-2005, 02:47 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
i'll probably cap the show, however the dvd for season 1 was released pretty quickly. Towards the end of it airing on tv in fact.

I enjoyed the first series. The second series has a north american flavour. I hope Rik Mayall returns to do voice acting.