Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
"CBS' vampire drama "Moonlight" will not rise again.

Sources confirm the fan favorite will not be renewed by the network for a second season.CBS declined to pickup the series because it was failing to hold its "Ghost Whisperer" lead-in and declined in the ratings post-strike. Last Friday's episode garnered a 2.0 rating among adults 18 to 49.The news will doubtlessly devastate "Moonlight" fans, which have been very passionate for the show by any standard.

Recently fans organized a nationwide blood drive to rally viewer support for a renewal.But last year CBS picked up cult favorite "Jericho" despite mediocre ratings, only to see the series plummet when it returned this year. With "Moonlight" having a serialized storyline, the chances of the show rebounding next season seemed slim.The cancellation means "The Big Bang Theory" is the only member of CBS' freshman crop to return next year."
  05-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
My mom's going to be upset about this one.

05-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

My mom's going to be upset about this one.

Mine too.
  05-31-2008, 12:29 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
im upset about it lol.
all the shows i think ahh i wont get into that show probably will die right away end up lasting more then 4 seasons and all the ones i expect to go on for awhile croke after 1 or 2 seasons.