Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0..._end_thi.shtml

"The SCI FI Channel is ending Stargate Atlantis after five seasons, Multichannel News reports. The show will go on, though, with a 2-hour movie that will air on SCI FI in 2009, and be released on DVD by MGM. The film will be written by executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie."

I've not been paying attention lately. This was announced about 2 weeks ago. Oh well, I knew it would happen eventually. When the original show was canned, Atlantis had maybe 2-3 more at most I'd thought.

09-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Bummer.
  09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
They'll be doing movies. Apparently before the show was cancelled, they pitched an idea that would could air as a two-hour season opener, or work as a direct to disc film. They're apparently working on the script now. The team is still kind of shell-shocked, I think. Ratings have been good. I've enjoyed the dynamic with Woolsey thrown into the deep end, actually.

A new Stargate series, aimed at a younger demographic, is already in the works. I forget the name of it at the moment, though. It's slated to premiere on SciFi next year, after SGA wraps the back half of the season.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.