01-27-2009, 03:03 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 684 posts since Apr 2007
From BBC News :
Quote:
quote:Cult comedy Red Dwarf is returning to TV, 21 years after its initial launch.

The show has been resurrected by digital channel Dave for a two-part Easter weekend special, which sees the cast finally return to Earth.

Written and directed by Red Dwarf co-creator Doug Naylor, the new show reunites the line-up, including Coronation Street's Craig Charles.

The hit show, which ran for eight series on BBC Two between 1988 and 1999, won an International Emmy award.

'No holds barred'

Set three million years into the future, the show followed the exploits of Dave Lister, slovenly crew member of the mining ship Red Dwarf - and the last man in the universe.

He was joined in his weekly attempts to make it back to Earth by a cast of oddballs including human hologram Arnold Rimmer, mechanoid servant Kryten and Cat - a preening half-man, half-animal who evolved from the ship's cat.

At its peak, Red Dwarf pulled in around eight million viewers and was broadcast in more than 25 countries.

It has sold more than seven million DVDs and videos.

The new two-part series Red Dwarf: Back to Earth will be followed by a "no holds barred" episode without sets, special effects or autocue.

The weekend will climax with Red Dwarf: the Making of Back to Earth, a behind-the-scenes special from the new episodes.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7851989.stm
  01-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Hopefully someone will be recording this, so I can get a copy. My nephew loves Red Dwarf.
  01-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Yay!!! My favorite BBC show!!
  01-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Dang, that sounds like fun!
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  02-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 684 posts since Apr 2007
UPDATE: 'Red Dwarf' begins filming at Corrie

Warning : **SPOLIER(S)**

Note: Corrie is short for "Coronation Street" a UK soap opera. to learn about the soap visit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street and http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Craig_Charles

from Digital Spy:
Quote:
quote:Filming of two new episodes of cult TV series Red Dwarf began filming over the weekend on the set of Coronation Street.

The two-part special, entitled Red Dwarf: Return To Earth, will see Dave Lister - played by Craig Charles - finally succeed in his desire to make a comeback to his home planet.

As part of the plot, Lister's crew, made up of Rimmer (Chris Barrie), Kryten (Robert Llewellyn) and Cat (Danny John-Jules), go in search of him and instead bump into Charles's Corrie character Lloyd Mullaney in The Rovers Return.

As part of the filming, Weatherfield's Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) also made an appearance.

In an exclusive interview with DS at the end of last year, Charles teased: "I can't really give the storyline away but it's a fantastic one. It's really quite weird and sees me playing quite a few characters, some of them I've already played on television. That's all I can say."

A special Red Dwarf weekend has been scheduled to broadcast at Easter on digital channel Dave, which commissioned four 30-minute specials, including two documentaries.

According to the show's official site, filming of the episodes is due to officially commence at Shepperton Studios on Monday, February 16.

03-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Sme-eeeee-g lmao!
  03-05-2009, 02:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cp32

Sme-eeeee-g lmao!
Holy Christ welcome back
  04-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
What a huge disappointment this turned out to be. All three episodes has been terrible.
It lacks so much of the old humor. Something is missing...
  04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
These have been pretty funny. I liked them just fine.

Grandma is just missing the canned laughter to be told when to laugh that's no longer there like the old series.

Grandma also thinks "The Spirit" is a good movie.