Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-11-2005, 06:21 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005

Chip N Dale - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3890

In this fun animated series, the venerable chipmunk pair are leaders of a secret international organization devoted to tackling unsolved mysteries and oddball crimes. Other members of the Rangers include Monterey Jack, Gadget and Zipper, as they battle Fat Cat and his cohorts.

Disney has sent over some news that will excite fans of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers; the studio will release a 3-disc set on November 8. The A/V specs include Full Frame (1.33:1) video, and stereo sound. Suggested retail price will be $34.99, so knock 30% off that at the register.

I'm sure you're wondering what will be included on these 3 discs, and we wish we could tell you. The show broadcast 65 episodes over a year and a half, so it makes the most sense to do volume releases, much like Warner Bros did with Batman: The Animated Series. It's exciting to see Disney bringing out their late-80s animated shows; could more of our favorites be around the corner? We can only hope!

Ducktales - http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3889

In the animated series DUCKTALES, Scrooge McDuck's innate sense for making money leads him to outrageous adventures in his Duckburg home and around the world. Also along for the amazing excursions are Webbigail Vanderquack, Gyro Gearloose, Mrs. Beakley and the villainous Beagle Boys.
We were going to with this news tomorrow, but it may be a better way to end the day.

Disney has sent over some news that will excite fans of DuckTales; the studio will release a 3-disc set on November 8. The A/V specs include Full Frame (1.33:1) video, and stereo sound. Suggested retail price will be $34.99, so knock 30% off that at the register.

I'm sure you're wondering what will be included on these 3 discs, and we wish we could tell you. The show broadcast 88 episodes over 3 years, so it makes the most sense to do volume releases, much like Warner Bros did with Batman: The Animated Series. It's exciting to see Disney bringing out their late-80s animated shows; could more of our favorites be around the corner? We can only hope!
  08-12-2005, 03:29 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I heard rumors about these sets almost a year ago. They were supposedly just "samplers" of the show. Looks to be true. Disney has done this with most of their animated properties, aside from the "tin" collections.
  08-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Yeah Gargoyles, Season 2 Part 1 is coming out shortly, that is about the only show from that era Disney has committed to but I guess they do have their own fan convention every year so there is enough $$$ to warrent it. I know Entertainment Rights did something similar to a Best Of with both Fat Albert and He-Man before launching the entire series so maybe Disney decided to give it a whirl, I wonder what the price will be since Disney has never been know for cheapness, much like WB it seems to be they want your whole paycheck not just part of it
  08-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Here is the order for Ducktales, seems to be in somewhat of an order of the show according to various episode guides, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers is rumored to be the first 27 episodes as well and they both will be labeled Volume 1, I wonder if Disney finally wised up and realizes Season releases are worth the money

1) "Send In The Clones"
2) "Sphinx For The Memories"
3) "Where No Duck Has Gone Before"
4) "Armstrong"
5) "Robot Robbers"
6) "Magica's Shadow War"
7) "Master Of The Djinni"
8) "Hotel Strangeduck"
9) "The Lost Crown Of Genghis Khan"
10) "Duckman of Aquatraz"
11) "The Money Vanishes"
12) "Sir Gyro de Gearloose"