Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
OK I just got done recording, editing and adding the 3 "Banned" episodes of Hercules that I got from WB11 in NYC into my set

After watching each one here is a summary and why I think they are morons for banning them

Hercules and the Big Lie

Storyline: Hercules gets invited to a comic book convention by his best friend Icarus and fears he will look stupid because Icarus is a fanboy for one of the main performers/characters at this convention. Ashamed Hercules finds out that a way to get out of things is to lie even though its against Hero Code 149, he ends up attending and wins the oppotunity to be etched in stone with the main performer and to get out of it lies that he has this rare disease Hades is trying to scare people into thinking exists and has to leave. Hercules feels bad and goes to tell Icarus the truth but Icarus is headed to try and "cure" this disease. Well to make a long story short Hercules saves him and tells him the truth and decides that lying is bad and only gets you into trouble.

Why I think Disney is retarded bastards: This episode clearly shows kids that lying can get you into trouble by making others act based on your lie, and that lying leads to more lies and ultimately more headaches for all involved. Its not some outrageous moral, its not something I think parents would want to avoid their kids learning

Hercules and the Worlds First Doctor

Storyline: Hercules is helping a Dr and gets convinced by Hades to release a plague, Hades has duel intentions as he does not want the Dr to succeed because that will mean less people to the underworld, well the Dr dies and Hercules has to go to the underworld and figure out how to cure it

Why I think Disney is retarded bastards: This is obviously 9-11 related and I cannot for the life of me figure what kind of a wrong message this will give kids, it shows the importance of medicine and how illness is something to be taken seriously. Many people die in Hercules and go to the underworld so what makes this one any different besides the fact that it was not a natural death in the way the others in the show are?

Hercules and the Hostage Crisis:

Storyline: A group that wants to liberate Greece (Peoples Organization of Titanic Liberators, POOTLES) and bring it back to the time of the Titans (before the Gods) decides that they are going to invade and force Greece to change by taking over the school and using Hercules (son of Zeus) as a barganing chip. They meet with Zeus who is adamant he is not releasing the Titans, Hercules does some investigating and finds out that the leader of POOTLES is a demigod and has a weakness so he tricks him and sends him to Zeus to lock up with the Titans, the rest of the POOTLES get arrested and Hercules learns that you have to use your brain to overcome situations

Why I think Disney is retarded bastards: This is obviously Columbine banned because kids are apparently so stupid they will do anything they see (ala burning a house down because Beavis says Fire). However it shows that violence and force is NOT the way to get anything done and that when in a bad situation use your braing and dont sink to the other persons level because that makes you no better than the person who you are having an issue with

Out of all 65 episodes these are 3 that I would show my own children and are a lot better than some of the fluff episodes near the end of the series that amount to clip shows, I think Dinsey hurts itself whenit bans these episodes becuase they seem to be denying kids the stories that actually have value
  08-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
"FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"
"Cool, let's go play with some matches."

08-23-2005, 11:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
"laugh and burn" lol