Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
Two sets I am working on recently started airing episodes out of the order they seem to have been intended for. You can tell, because it talks about things that already happened as if they are suppose to happy, and character lack knowledge they should already know. So I was wondering whats everyone's opinoin on order. Do you prefer it to be in order where it makes since or in airing order?
  10-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Storyline order. Always.
No fun to watch a show that doesn't make sense.
People that air it out of order should be horsewhipped.
Let's not repeat the same stupid mistake, if at all possible.
  10-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
When I was putting together Higher Ground, all of the episode guides were in broadcast order, except for the list on Joe Lando's own web site. His episode order made 10 times more sense than the order the show has been aired and repeated since it first debuted in 2000, and that's the order I ended up using. It's like a completely different show when watched in that order ...

If a show's only been shown in aired order, unless you have an incredible fannish site to draw on, or really know the show intimately, it can be tough to determine an order other than airdate.

For SF and fantasy shows of the past decade or so, I find sftv.org to be a great resource - not episode guides, but episode listings, including production number as well as broadcast order. Just another perspective to use when putting episodes together. He also lists a lot of cartoons on his site.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  10-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 571 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to GreenRanger1
This is what I was thinking as well, its better to put them into their correct order. Power Rangers SPD did this this morning. They aired an episode that took place prior to an episoded that aired a few weeks ago. This episode leads directly into the other, it through me off at first, I think I may re-order them correctly as it makes no sense other wise.

They did this with Danny Phantom as well, so I will re-order them.