Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Should be $39.99-49.99 at Walmart the 1st few days of release

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releasei...ReleaseID=4723
  06-07-2005, 05:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
MMMMM Time to go get some Terri Hatcher goodness MMMMMMMMMM.......

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  06-07-2005, 01:11 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
Picked mine up today, WB has a rebate offer going on , BUT, you have to cut out the damn UPC's as well as send in the reciept, I have the reciept and don't mind sending THAT in, but I be damned if I'm gonna go to cutting up a nice box set, just for a rebate. Sorry to vent, but I'm particular about my dvds, lol.
  06-07-2005, 02:43 PM

Verified Member

One thing I read on tvshowsonDVD that the review mentioned that during one of the commentaries they mention the extended version of the pilot. And that the reviewer didnt think it exisited nor the scenes they mention were ever shot. Well they were, the extended version was avalible through Columbia House I got it

Brent

06-07-2005, 02:52 PM
Verified Member

Yeah I had read that as well, they decided to go with the pilot that people saw on TV. I thought it was funny when I read that part as well
  06-07-2005, 03:00 PM

Verified Member

I should send the extended pilot to you Mark in the winter as you will be pretty booked up with doing projects for me in the Fall lol, so it can be properly transfered with a menu and a case and dvd art. It would make for a nice little extra DVD for the collection Or I could just throw it into the box Im sending here shortly with the 90210 specials and that wrestling tape of Wendys

Brent

06-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Verified Member

either way is fine, I can scan in Season 1 of L&C box art and just use that so it matches
  06-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Verified Member

Cool I just located the case it has its own graphics, pretty nice too, so you may want to use that just adjust it for DVD?? Maybe so the extended version is unique, your choice

Did you get the season one yet?? Do you know if the theme song is used in the menu?? I think it would be a nice touch as a extra as its fully intact in the end credits ofcourse

The transfer should be very easy I think, as I only watched the tape once or twice so there should be no problems at all

I was going to get Season One for Wendy for her birthday but its like $44.00 at Wal-Mart

So I got her like three other dvds she wanted, the Newlyeds season two and three and two other dvds those 2 for $11 ones

Brent

06-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Verified Member

Yeah I picked it up today but had to go to work so have not had a chance to give it a look over, it was $44 at Walmart, $48 at Best Buy, and $45 at Target but my wife loves that show
  06-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Verified Member

Knowing me I will probably go buy the dang thing anyways

Brent

06-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
The extended pilot was shown just once, during an encore of the pilot a week or two later after the premiere. I think I have that on Beta (I didn't record it, but my friend who always remembered everything, did), plus the Columbia House tape. The original airing of the pilot was in an odd time slot, an hour and forty-five minutes as I recall.

I'm going to have to take a vacation just to watch all the amazing goodness that came out yesterday. :>
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.