Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-17-2005, 08:40 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
It seems that we are getting the 4kids TV channel on UK satalitte in march. I wonder what programmes we might get when its launched?

"4Kids Entertainment, distributor of shows such as Pokemon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Yu-Gi-Oh, has been granted a broadcast licence by TV regulator Ofcom to launch a service called '4 Kids TV'.

Details of the station are still unknown, although a spokesman told C21 that more would be announced "in the coming weeks".

The channel is one of a number of upcoming launches into the already-crowded kids market. ITV is planning a new kids offering in February while Turner has announced plans for a further two spinoff channels. Disney is also ramping up its presence by switching to the basic pack on Sky and launching a new movie channel."

[u]Other new Kids channels </u>

ITV Kids - 2006
CITV - 11th february 2006.
Bommerang +1 - 2006
cartoon Network Too - 2006

"Turner Broadcasting is to launch two new channels next year to boost audiences for its channels.

The two new channels; Cartoon Network Too and Boomerang +1 will launch in 2006 although a spokeswoman for Turner Broadcasting said it was still in negotiations with networks to air the new channels.

Cartoon Network Too will be looking to show classic cartoons including 'Wacky Races', 'Hong Kong Phooey' and 'Yogi Bear'.

Boomerang +1 is looking at showing 'Scooby-Doo' and 'Tom & Jerry' and primarily targeted at the whole family.

01-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Curtis when Yu-Gi-Oh GX comes on out there let me know, I have designed menus for it but the CN version in the US keeps running re-peats and the end credits are completely destroyed with Miguzi parts

Also keep a look out for the Filmation Tom and Jerry (80-82), Entertainment Rights is heavily licensing in the UK and Europe/Asia and I would not be surprised if it showed up on Turner channels since it does air rarely on Boomerang here and in Australia alongside the HB and MGM T&J shorts
  01-12-2006, 09:43 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
4KIDS TV is the former FOX KIDS network. It seems to be a joint venture between Fox and Warner Brothers, given the content and how the block is syndicated. Not really that different than the relationships of the 1980s, like NBC/Warner (which is where Smurfs was).
  01-13-2006, 07:54 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Umm...so now Cartoon Network will have a total of 4 channels?

Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Boomerang +1
Cartoon Network Too

Anyone want to clarify on this other than it's still in negotiations?
  01-13-2006, 08:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,191 posts since Jun 2005
The new cartoon network and boomerang channels are confirmed, they are coming sometime in 2006. The CITV channel has now be postponed till march 11th and the 4kids TV channel has abandoned plans to launch a standalone channel in the UK.

as for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, here is some news i found for it - http://www.c21media.net/news/detail....&article=28373

Nick buys 4Kids' Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Brian Lacey, executive VP international of 4Kids Entertainment, has reached an agreement with cable TV network Nickelodeon on the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (52x30’) animated series, which will now air on the network in the UK, Spain, Australia and Latin American territories.

"This broadcast arrangement with Nickelodeon represents a strategic step to launch the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX franchise worldwide,” said Lacey. "Nickelodeon is an excellent home for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, as proved by the success the network has enjoyed with the five production seasons of Yu-Gi-Oh!”

The global broadcast line-up for Yu-Gi-Oh! GX already includes RTL2 (Germany), Media Set (Italy), RTE (Ireland), YTV (Canada), TVNZ (New Zealand), SIC (Portugal), RTL-TVI (Belgium), Star Channel (Greece), SABC2 (South Africa), Children's Channel (Israel) and Canal J (France), among others.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX follows a new generation of 'duellists' living at a prestigious and highly competitive academy, where books and computers have been replaced by Duel Disks and Monster Cards.