Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

12-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
X3 MOVIE TRAILER

20th Century Fox is unwrapping its X3 trailer sooner than just about anybody expected.

The trailer will be unveiled on www.apple.com on Monday, more than a week before its theatrical debut before King Kong on Dec. 14, the studio revealed Thursday.

And on Thursday night, The Continuum, along with about a dozen other media members gathered for a set visit in Vancouver, were given a first look at the spot -- by Wolverine himself.

Hugh Jackman, fresh off a scene with Ian McKellen's Magneto on the massive Alcatraz set, asked a group of reporters if they had seen the trailer. When the reply was negative, Jackman, who hadn't seen the trailer yet either, got approval from Fox and he then led the group into a nearby screening room, where he watched the trailer with them.

"Don't tell anyone we're here," Jackman said, laughing.

The top-secret trailer, which had passwords which had to be entered before it could be seen, opens with the 20th Century Fox and Marvel logos. The usual white on red "MARVEL" type then turned silver in X-Men movie style

Much more a trailer than a teaser, it includes many images that show off the film's many characters and a dramatic voiceover by Patrick Stewart.

Highlights include:

* The X-Men walking down the Cerebro hallway, including Wolverine, Colossus, Kitty Pryde and Storm.

* Several good looks at Kelsey Grammer as the Beast.

* The first look at Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut. His costume is very faithful to the comics, including the color scheme and helmet.

* The main hook of the film -- a cure for mutancy -- was revealed as Magneto rallied mutant troops to fight it, including Juggernaut, Pyro and what looked like -- although unconfirmed -- Madrox and Callisto.

* Ben Foster's Angel, in what appeared to be the Worthington laboratory, popping out his wings from his shirtless body.

* A funeral scene.

* Wolverine in Magneto's magnetic clutches.

* A quick action scene of Mystique.

* Magneto flipping an oncoming vehicle.

* Storm flying and spinning to create a tornado.

* Jean Grey, getting up from the infirmary, and blowing away the door.

* The Golden Gate Bridge being ripped apart.

* A student flying paper airplanes with his powers.

* Wolverine and Cyclops at Alkali Lake; Cyclops, looking skyward, screams "Nooooo!"

The trailer was shown a second time, and Jackman, who had left briefly, came back to watch it again as well.

Associate producer David Gorder said that Stewart's voiceover was recorded over the Thanksgiving weekend from London. Stewart had wrapped his work on the film quite some time ago.

12-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Cool. Can't wait to see this on Monday.
  12-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Verified Member

Here's the first picture of Beast and Angel.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm

At first, I didn't like the look of Beast, but then it grew on me. I also remembered I didn't really like the photos of any of the characters initially, but upon seeing them in action in the film, the worked really well.
  12-05-2005, 02:07 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I LOVE the look of the Beast! I am glad they went with the blue, furry look instead of beast's original form. Cant wait to see the flick in 2006.
  12-05-2005, 07:17 AM
Verified Member

I'm looking forward to it also. Too bad no Gambit. It's going to be hard to top X-2. Especially since Brain Singer left.

12-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Look forward to seeing this :P
  12-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Verified Member

I like the trailer a lot. Dark Phoenix with Magneto, Angel, Wolverine and Colossus fastball special. It all looks good.
  12-06-2005, 11:12 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
This movie is gonna ROCK!!!! Hopefully, the guys doing FF2 will see this and realize another Marvel franchise CAN be as faithful to the comics as Spiderman!!!
  12-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Verified Member

Don't know about the Angel guy though. They should of casted that "Chase" guy from "House". He looks more like a rich pretty boy.
  12-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tekken1701

This movie is gonna ROCK!!!! Hopefully, the guys doing FF2 will see this and realize another Marvel franchise CAN be as faithful to the comics as Spiderman!!!
I hope so as well.