Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-24-2015, 06:16 PM
Knight of Toonplar

Stats: 1,516 posts since Jun 2005
The Splat will debut on the channel at 10pm ET on October 5, 2015, featuring reruns of

All That,
The Angry Beavers,
Are You Afraid of the Dark?,
CatDog,
Clarissa Explains It All,
Hey Arnold!,
Hey Dude,
Kenan & Kel,
The Ren & Stimpy Show,
Legends of the Hidden Temple,
Rocko’s Modern Life,
Rugrats,
Salute Your Shorts, and
The Wild Thornberrys.

http://time.com/4048867/nickelodeon-the-splat-rugrats/
  09-24-2015, 06:47 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
Salute Your Shorts! Are you planning to record any of it? That show is not released.

I have Clarissa, but would not mind better for S2-S5 (S1 is released).

I need a bigger DVD recorder.
  09-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 206 posts since Nov 2009
I would sure like to have the Salute Your Shorts if someone is planning on or willing record it for me if we could work something out?
  09-29-2015, 02:02 AM

I looked for these shows (Shorts and Clarissa) on LocateTV, and they're not airing anywhere that I can see for at least 2 weeks.

I manually looked at the Nickelodeon schedule for 10/5, the supposed start date, and I don't see anything special airing. It's just the usual stuff: a dozen re-runs of iCarly, etc.

Has anyone seen the schedule yet?
  09-29-2015, 06:51 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 684 posts since Apr 2007
Let's hope Warner will do the same thing and make a new channel showing the classic cartoons like the old days of CN.
  10-06-2015, 03:43 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Bartending Champion
Stats: 582 posts since Jun 2013
is anyone seeing this on any of their guides yet? I can't find anything about this
  10-06-2015, 06:59 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
It's on Teen Nick tv listings. I saw it on the listings yesterday. They'll be airing two episodes of Welcome Freshman tonight. That's the only thing I plan on taping.
  10-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Arcade Wins: Bartending Champion
Stats: 582 posts since Jun 2013
ah that sucks its on nickjr here which is only a crappy SD feed
  10-06-2015, 08:08 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEW3 View Post
It's on Teen Nick tv listings. I saw it on the listings yesterday. They'll be airing two episodes of Welcome Freshman tonight. That's the only thing I plan on taping.
Man, I definitely would love to get Welcome Freshmen!
  10-09-2015, 07:39 PM

Verified Member

Here is an update on a couple of shows.

All That seems to have edited out the musical acts. I don't know if it's because of music rights, but the end got cut on the couple of episodes that were shown.

It looks like they may be airing some of these shows twice every couple of weeks.

I've taped two episodes of Welcome Freshmen and the first two episodes of Salute Your Shorts and I don't see any of these shows listed for the next week.

If anyone wants me to put any of these on disc for them let me know as I'll keep these shows over the weekend, but I'm erasing these shows come Monday off my DVR.

Nothing flashy here as I'll just put them on a Sony Disc in SP mode and keep it on the side until they air more episodes.
  10-09-2015, 08:15 PM

I really wanted Salute. I missed it. (And that's AFTER having checked the guide for it!)
  10-09-2015, 08:36 PM

Verified Member

For whatever reason I never really watched that show. I watched Hey Dude, Roundhouse(which airs this weekend) and Welcome Freshmen. I casually checked out Double Dare, but never really watched the other stuff.
  10-09-2015, 08:44 PM

I really liked Double Dare in the 80s.
More than that, I liked NES related shows where you'd play actual games (not the cartoons).

I never watched Salute back then, either.
I did watch some of Clarissa, but mostly the first season.

I wasn't really "too old" for those shows, but I was busy in the early/mid 90s. I mostly focused on Marvel cartoons by then. Some Disney toons. Some early Cartoon Network. Lots of live action shows like Star Trek TNG, especially reruns (I Love Lucy, etc). Everything else fell to the wayside. The biggest reason I recorded TV in the 90s was to watch it later, on the weekends.

Nick At Nite was my routine back then. Lots of deep night studying.
  10-09-2015, 08:58 PM

Verified Member

My main fix back then was pro wrestling since WWF didn't kill all the competition yet and there was a lot of different promotions back then to choose from. That addiction went on until today, even though I'll admit with the exception of a good match or angle here or there I haven't been as fanatical about it since around 2004 when the writers influenced the product way too much. Pro wrestling and comic books were my two main things. Usually that effected what tv shows I watched back then. I don't think Disney really had anything I watched except Kid's Inc and Torkelsons in the 80s. Nick shows were comfort shows. This was the only original programming at the time because all they did was show old shows from the 60s and 70s.
  10-11-2015, 08:30 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEW3 View Post
For whatever reason I never really watched that show. I watched Hey Dude, Roundhouse(which airs this weekend) and Welcome Freshmen. I casually checked out Double Dare, but never really watched the other stuff.
I caught Salute Your Shorts occasionally, and Hey Dude. I was more a regular watcher of Welcome Freshmen (and I'd like those on a disc, if possible. ), Clarissa Explains It All, Ren and Stimpy, Roundhouse, The Secret World of Alex Mack, The Tomorrow People, Rocko's Modern Life, and the first season or so of All That. After that, I pretty much tapered off Nickelodeon and was mostly gone by the very late 1990s.