Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

01-10-2006, 12:43 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Animation legend Joseph Barbera -- who helped create the Tom and Jerry characters with his partner, the late William Hanna -- is directing a new seven-minute Tom and Jerry short. During this short, entitled "The KarateGuard," Jerry takes up martial arts to defend himself against his arch-nemesis, Tom, the scheming, mischievous cat. Training with the Ancient Wise One, Jerry completes the course and must "Go forth and have no fear." It turns out Jerry isn't so good at the fancy footwork required. Realizing that his protégé needs help, the Ancient Wise One gives Jerry a mystic gong that summons a canine Samurai bodyguard to protect him.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, the short will premiere on Cartoon Network on Friday, January 27, at 9:00pm (ET/PT).
  01-10-2006, 06:59 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
There is also another short that was released on Boomerang.
  01-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Good short.