Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

01-18-2006, 05:17 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
None of this is official, but is does confirm other rumors I've heard and seems to be following a DC animation trend.

From Newsarama - http://tinyurl.com/9cxyl

"The main thing is WB Animation is working on a slew of DC-related shows. Among them are Supergirl & The Legion of Super-Heroes, a new version of Superman (probably the most likely), a Doom Patrol series, and also there has been some talk about either a Brave & Bold or World’s Finest spin-off. What’s known is there is a Supergirl/Legion episode scripted and apparently running this season of JLU (It was written by Paul Dini, no less). In recent interviews I’ve done, WB veterans Glen Murakami and Alan Burnett have told me they would love to do a Doom Patrol series."

Since last year DC cartoons and comics have been changing to more closely resemble each other. DC is in the middle of a line wide re-definition of the comic line that is set to drastically change all their titles in March/April. Some of these changes include:

* Supergirl joining the Legion
* Doom Patrol taking a larger role in the Teen Titans book with certain Titans joining the team
* Justice League ending and re-launching, possibly featuring more heroes on a rotating basis

Read the full article and you'll see that CN, WB and DC deny any show being cancelled (doesn't mean it isn't), but they say to wait for 3 big announcements.

The first announcement will be at WonderCon on Feb 24-25. I'd expect this to be about a new Superman animated show (similar to The Batman).

The second announcement will be KidWB and CN up-fronts on March 1. This is where they officially unveil new schedules and shows. This will be the "official" word on the future of JLU, Titans and what will/may replace them (Doom Patrol).

The third announcement is set for mid March and I'd guess that will deal with the Legion cartoon.

Well see how true this proves to be and lets keep our fingers crossed for more JLU.