Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

01-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I have been an avid collector since the 1st wave and have them all, most in duplicate or in the case of Hawkgirl in 5's (see the avatar if any questions)

But today I got some new ones, Steel, Aztec and Supergirl. And what pissed me off the most, Supergirl has a PURSE!! A freaking PURSE!! I mean I know Mattel has this thing where they hate and despise releasing woman figures (ask any he-man fan about that) and they shortpacked Hawkgirl to the point where she was getting $30-50 till Target got a big supply of her at closeout. But come on a PURSE!!

OK my rant is done, I was just amazed. I mean I am half expecting a special convention Supergirl called get in the kitchen and cook me a pie Supergirl
  01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I was also an avid JLU figure collector (mostly because I was a 1980s DC Superheroes figure collector), until now. I refuse to buy the newest wave of JLU figures ("DC Superheroes"), they are very cheezy looking, cheap plastic, not even remotely sculpted. I did buy the Green Lantern 3-pack, because I'm a sucker for anything GL in a standard figure size, but if quality keeps going down like this, then that's the end of me.

01-18-2006, 11:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 267 posts since Jun 2005
I'm sure they will release supergirl in her pie eating costume with a detachable pie dish. A purse thats a good idea Now she has somewhere to keep her accessories.
  01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
At least it was a metal purse. LOL!

I saw that too and couldn't believe it. Still, at least we're getting SG, Vixen, Canary.
  01-29-2006, 04:20 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I thought Supergirl was going to be in her new blue suit with gold trim with red cape as in the comic and recent JLU episodes, not another animated white t-shirt version, and yes I too hate the metal purse ugh!!!

If I get one or two I am getting rid of the purses and customizing one to look like she does now on JLU and in the comic

I cant wait for the new comic accurate Supergirl in the comic style DC Superheroes line. Right now they have a Batman wave out with Bats, Bane (With a variant with his teddy bear), Scarecrow and Killer Croc. i think the next Wave is a Superman Wave, Then another batman Wave, then a Superman Wave that will have 1 Supes, a Supergirl and two villians....i think.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  01-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Saw the Batman wave and it's nothing imporessive. Limited articulation and mostly repaints and rescuplts from Japanese releases.

However, the Superman wave that is up next looks to be a major improvement with all new sculpts.
  01-31-2006, 06:20 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 28 posts since Jun 2005
I've got a few but I like the JSA better myself. saying that I picked up Barbie Super Girl, Batgirl and Wonder Woman for £1.50 each new in the box about a month ago.